The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Preds 4 - 7 Canucks F - 03.14.13

Jab316

Lol win a cup with Cory ... he can't even get us into the playoffs the way he's played this year.

You do know that in the nhl to win tthe cup u have to firstly qualify for the playoffs right?

to make the playoffs u have to finish top eight in ur conference... so far cory hasn't given us wins like Lu has.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm pretty sure Kass was benched for trying the fancy Sedin-like back pass that was picked off and turned into a Preds goal about 15 seconds after. I agree that it might have been a bit harsh, but at that point I think they wanted to lock it down...

Kassian deserved to be benched tonight. He gave the puck away multiple times. It was just the last two, once in Nashville's end that allowed them to break out and then in their own end, on the same play, that led to that third goal. He's been playing horribly and has looked completely lost out there for a while. I'd love if he turned out to be a skilled power forward, but he hasn't done anything to demonstrate that level of skill or consistency yet. He's a defensive liability without any offensive upside and makes bad decisions with the puck.

He could start improving by learning to skate. His straight line speed and stability is adequate, but his acceleration and, in particular, mobility and agility, are really not NHL level. Guy looks like he's trying to maneuver skis out there most of the time. He gets caught flat footed on a regular basis and just can't keep up with any play that isn't a scrum in a corner or a straight line up-the-ice rush.

didn't catch the game at home. me and some friends were at this little sushi-type joint downtown. they had the game on a TV they had up there. from what i saw, the team still played a little shaky at times when they finally explode offensively. the place popped on henriks goal

Archived