The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade the Sedins next season?

Super_Canuck

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They will produce fine, these are two superstar players who have been with the Canucks franchise their entire careers.

You do not trade away franchise players such as the sedins. They are too close to the community and have done too much for the city to be traded away.

The Canucks would be silly to trade away the sedins while the rest of the roster is in it's prime. They could easily still help us win a cup in the upcoming couple of years, no doubt about it.

They are here to stay. I would bet my life on it.

I can see one or both being traded at some point but don't think it's next year - still too much value to Vancouver (imagine the team next year without the Sedins irrespecitive of who comes back (face it it's not going to be Crosby)).

Frankly I think the window closed after this season. If we're honest the Sedins still good but not as good as they were. If you can get younger without them why not. Problem is they have a NTC and they'll stay to the end and they'll become FA's. Their contract ends after next season. At that stage they'll be 35. Vcr unless they bring in a plethora of FA signing are pretty sparse of prospects. I don't believe I will see the SC parade in Vcr in my life time :lol:

It looks a lot like Slapshot this season..the ref hands the cup over to Pittsburgh as the band plays The Stripper in the background :lol:

BOOOOOOOO bring back the vote down button. Seriously man, these guys have treated the organization, the city, and the fans with absolutely nothing but class and respect through their whole careers, lets try to do the same for themm. If the team gets to a point where it is no longer competitive and they want a chance to go win a cup somewhere else (see Iginla deal) then by all means we should let them have that chance, but as long as they want to be here then we should be more than happy to have them, they are arguably (and in my opinion) the best players we've ever had and have been the driving force, along with Luongo, behind the best era of Canucks hockey ever. At some point the team will decline and we'll have a few painful years, it's inevitable...but for now lets enjoy what we have and lets hope Gillis takes a cue from Ray Shero and goes all in either this year or next year and acquires the badass top six forward that we need, not another reclamation project ala David Booth and Chris Higgins (both players who I like but are not the true top six guy we need).

If Gretzky can be traded, then anyone can be traded. The Canucks have dealt Naslund, Bure and Linden in the past, so it goes to show that nobody is off limits.

Having said that, I think the Sedins should remain Canucks. I imagine their contracts will go down in the years to come, and they may be dropped onto the second line if players like Kesler become a stronger offensive presence. Their game seems to be evolving this year with Hank finding his shooting touch and both of them playing physically, i imagine in the years to come they will remain a key part of this team.

Although they are great players, the cup should be the goal above all else.

Going forward beyond this season, we need a new first line.

The Sedins have become predictable and are too soft. All passy pass pass and no shots. Shoot the f-ing puck!

They would be much more effective as a 2nd line, if we could only put together a good tough 1st line to take the pressure off of Hank and Danny.

They are great players and have done tons for the team and community, but I don't think they are capable of carrying the team on their backs to the promised land.

Hopefully they prove me wrong and carry us to glory, but I for one am over holding my breath, waiting for them to deliver us a stanley cup.

Just my opinion, flame away.

Archived