The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

conditional first-round draft pick, 22-year-old defenceman Mark Cundari and 26-year-old Swiss goaltender Reto Berra for Bouwmeester.

If we want to trade bob at the deadline, use this trade as a benchmark

cause you dam well know Nonis is.

Don't flame me, flame Feaster.

conditional first-round draft pick, 22-year-old defenceman Mark Cundari and 26-year-old Swiss goaltender Reto Berra for Bouwmeester.

If we want to trade bob at the deadline, use this trade as a benchmark

cause you dam well know Nonis is.

Don't flame me, flame Feaster.

If it's true the Isles are kicking tires,

Luo, Ebbett

Cizikas, 1st, 3rd, Nabokov (UFA rental).

NYI loses nothing for their run, swaps goalies and a young C, where they have tons of depth, for a veteran c.

NYI's 3rd, 2014 2nd.

McBain.

Pikanen's injury may interest them in Ballard instead of a 2nd - ideally not, in which case Ballard provides depth and insurance for the playoffs, and can be moved in the offseason to recover the pick and create cap space.

Rodin, 3rd, 4th.

Bryan Boyle.

Sedins Burrows

(Booth) Raymond Kesler Roy

Higgins Cizikas Hansen

Boyle Lapierre PInizzotto/Weise

(Jensen Schroeder Kassian - youth line on reserve.)

Hamhius Garrison

Edler Tanev

Ballard Bieksa

Alberts McBain

Schneider

Nabokov

(Lack)

1.If that Doug Maclean story was true, that someone inside the Panthers organization told Luongo they were going to trade for him (and then didn't) than is that not tampering?? I mean then GMs all over the league could have ppl do that to players they are trying to acquire to get the other teams in a worse position...sounds fishy...especially as Luongo said that if he had known they would back out, he would have accepted the TO trade in July...sounds like tampering to me...

Perhaps Florida approached Gillis about an offer and Gillis asked Luongo if he would waive his NTC for Florida. Therefore, Luongo had the notion that Florida was interested this whole time. Perhaps the Weiss injury had changed what Florida was capable of offering and forced Florida to have to back out.

Personally I didn't want any of their centers anyhow (aside from perhaps Steckel for a second 4th line left handed guy for the fourth line, who they dumped elsewhere anyhow). They've grossly overvalued their centers throughout the process, and can't afford to lose the depth there anyhow. In the end there were no realistic fits there all things considered.

I've suggested numerous times that a deal like Luo, Ballard, and a couple roster dumps like Mullen and Desbiens for Franson, Frattin, Scrivens and a 1st (minimum) could make sense. They have the capspace and money bags to afford that. I like a few other forwards of theirs, but in the end I prefer Frattin who I think has as much upside as their older wingers, and is an attractive RFA caphit, as is Franson.

In the end, I see better packages from Florida, NYI and Philly anyhow, but if we had to deal with the Laffs, there have some guys that are probably worthwhile - however they appear committed to the single B roster player offer, which is a joke.

I think they'll wind up with Kipper for a 1st if they persist with that. They've lobby lowballed Luo so much now that their fanbase buys the story that he's not worth a Bozak - it will be a harder sell when they face the reality that it'll cost a lot more than that.

They've kinda dug themselves a contradiction there that will make them look like suckers if they cut a fair value deal.

So what yur saying is you know nothing about any other team but yur own and i could argue you know much about that. you only wanted a player the leafs traded a couple months ago for a 7th round pick. franson is due for a big payday. likely around 3.5 mil a year and fratten is a keeper. kipper is a bum. and won,t get more then a 3rd. lu is a great goalie but his cap hit for 9 years is ugly. if it was 5 years left i think we would give bozak fratten likely a biggs or matt fine and a 1st maybe a second. but everyone in hockey agree,s lu wont be playing like a true number 1 in 6 years. the cap is huge now every team has to have the books just right. one wrong move and it could hurt you for years. NYR MIN VAN will find this out the hard way......

You don't think there will be a way around the cap penalty? Really? All Lu would has to say is his back hurts and no issues. How many all star goalies are available for $5mil. There's a reason these contract have been stopped, because they are good for cap teams.

TO media is really trying hard.

You don't think there will be a way around the cap penalty? Really? All Lu would has to say is his back hurts and no issues. How many all star goalies are available for $5mil. There's a reason these contract have been stopped, because they are good for cap teams.

TO media is really trying hard.

I'm guessing you are a TO fan since you just joined yesterday.

Picture this:  Lu plays for 5-6 years. His salary, game and body declines and he retires. He retires because his body can't handle it any more so he goes on the IR. Just like Pronger, Savard, Malhotra, Ohlund, etc. All these players haven't played and are not going to play, so no cap hit.

I'm guessing you are a TO fan since you just joined yesterday.

Picture this: Lu plays for 5-6 years. His salary, game and body declines and he retires. He retires because his body can't handle it any more so he goes on the IR. Just like Pronger, Savard, Malhotra, Ohlund, etc. All these players haven't played and are not going to play, so no cap hit.

Archived