The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I will be genuinely floored if Luongo gets traded tomorrow. It almost has to happen, though, as it seems like it will be an even harder sell in the summer. Plus, the team can't do this routine again next year. They have something around $63M committed to 15 players, including Cory and Lu.

@Eklund: The latest with 12 hours to go. leafs and flyers may both make Luongo pitches in the next twelve hours...the bids will get higher

Not to worry guys, bidding war between PHI and TO

Looks like I'm changing my name to nipple poop

Guest Dasein

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun4m

Intriguing name: teams are talking to Florida about Dmitry Kulikov. He's not untouchable but I think Florida would need to get a great offer

AS MUCH AS I HATE TO TRADE LUONGO...

If it were to happen, if it had to happen, I would want this guy in the returning package.

I wish Lui is a Canuck come tomorrow, but if it had to be...

So what yur saying is you know nothing about any other team but yur own and i could argue you know much about that. you only wanted a player the leafs traded a couple months ago for a 7th round pick. franson is due for a big payday. likely around 3.5 mil a year and fratten is a keeper. kipper is a bum. and won,t get more then a 3rd. lu is a great goalie but his cap hit for 9 years is ugly. if it was 5 years left i think we would give bozak fratten likely a biggs or matt fine and a 1st maybe a second. but everyone in hockey agree,s lu wont be playing like a true number 1 in 6 years. the cap is huge now every team has to have the books just right. one wrong move and it could hurt you for years. NYR MIN VAN will find this out the hard way......

@Eklund: The latest with 12 hours to go. leafs and flyers may both make Luongo pitches in the next twelve hours...the bids will get higher

Not to worry guys, bidding war between PHI and TO

Looks like I'm changing my name to nipple poop

Question... With the deadline at noon pacific time, what is the latest that anyone recalls a deal being announced? I tink I recall one year that deals were still being announced hours after the deadline.

Teams have to submit their trades to the NHL before the 12PM PST deadline. Processing and all that jazz can still happen afterwards, so yes deals can still be announced hours after the deadline. I think it all depends on how much of a logjam and how long it takes to process deals.

I must admit that the Roy deal combined with Gilman's comments about 'going all in' surprised to say the least. Highly likely Roy is a rental. At a minimum Van needs another top 6 winger and a R-Dman. Does Lou bring that back. Respectfully no. If a deal happens then hopefully it is with Ballard going out as well. Combine this Van wish list with the hope that Kesler can be effective on return. It doesn't change the way I would play Van in playoffs. CUP quality teams have the book on Van it isn't pretty. Not only can you shut the Twins down with physical play but LA proved last spring that a physical two man forecheck can beat the Van d-core in their end. IMHO nothing has changed enough to think differently. Gillis will have to do a gangbuster deal to have the Canucks go past one maybe two rounds.

I see the folks at TSN are tweeting that MacLaren is absent from practice, do you think he could possibly be part of a deal, If so do you see the value in him.

Size, toughness, could move bodies from in front of the net.

I don't get all this talk about the large goalie market next year. When top goalies head to FA they are leaving a team with a hole at that position. Theoretically all FA will do is rearrange which teams will have goaltending issues.

For example: Mike Smith leaves PHX, who takes the reins? Is it LaBarbera, maybe they sign Nabokov? Then NYI needs someone.

TSN is blowing smoke up Leafs fans asses thinking they can have Roberto for nothing. There are only a finite amount of elite goaltenders available in the NHL and the Canucks have two of them.

Archived