The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Very Skeptical About The Roy Trade!

Pasific Coluseum

Wow, the stupidity ... and we have to put up with garbage comments about garbage players all the time from this one. If you don't know anything about hockey why pretend you do and tell everyone off.

Wellwood and Roy are both short so they are the same player I guess. Maybe this should clue you in that there are more stats to hockey besides height, weight, and fights won. But no you'll never get that. Roy plays tenaciously, he is not afriad of traffic, he's feisty, he plays in tough areas, he's fast, and he's slippery. He's a heck of a player. While I like Wellwood too anyone with any type of hockey brain can see there are vast differences there.

But yeah, you're right, both have zero fights and zero fights wins this year. They are both obviously horrible. Damn, if only we would have gotten Bissonette or McGrattin instead.

How much do you think he is actually looking for? rumour was 6m but I highly doubt it.

If he continues to show amazing chemistry with Higgins, (who should also be a 2nd liner) and we go far in the playoffs and perhaps win a cup, why wouldnt he sign for 4-4.5 to repeat? Chances are, we'll roll 3-4 lines and he'll still put up lots of points playing with Higgins and Hansen.

How much do you think he is actually looking for? rumour was 6m but I highly doubt it.

If he continues to show amazing chemistry with Higgins, (who should also be a 2nd liner) and we go far in the playoffs and perhaps win a cup, why wouldnt he sign for 4-4.5 to repeat? Chances are, we'll roll 3-4 lines and he'll still put up lots of points playing with Higgins and Hansen.

If we win a cup then I definitely think he doesn't re-sign here, he wants to be by his parents.

I'm sure he'll cash in after winning a cup too and go somewhere close to play by his parents, he won't need to play somewhere he doesn't want to if he's already won a cup and take a pay cut on top of that, doesn't seem like something he would do judging by his interviews.

If you admittedly don't know about a player, how can you be a skeptic? Maybe what you really mean is your lack of knowledge makes you wary and you automatically assume it's not going to go well.

While I agree we could use another size and skill guy on the wing so we wouldn't have to rely on youth too much, Roy is a proven NHL-er and playmaker and will fill a hole we needed filled.

It's worth the investment to have Roy back for the next few years. We saw what happened when we didn't have Roy and Kesler was injured.

A guy who can play third line, make it offensive and play the PP. He can also step onto the 1st line if Henrik gets injured, it's a luxury that not even Pittsburgh has.

Guest Dasein

It's worth the investment to have Roy back for the next few years. We saw what happened when we didn't have Roy and Kesler was injured.

A guy who can play third line, make it offensive and play the PP. He can also step onto the 1st line if Henrik gets injured, it's a luxury that not even Pittsburgh has.

Archived