The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

End of #21?

Canorcas

If we get rid of Booth,Ballard and Luongo for nothing. We can get 7 million free cap space, we can re sign raymond and still have about 5 million cap space... not that bad considering we dont use 3 of those players atm.

I was at the Tim Hortons on Main street by the Greyhound Station sometime around April of 2011, I ordered my food and sat down...To my surprise when I looked up it was Mason Raymond, and Aaron Rome sitting at the table in front of mine. May Ray was on a huge rant, I couldn't really hear to much of what he was saying but he was visibly pissed off and every now and then I could clearly hear him say "what else can I do" and "pass" lol. I really have no idea what they were talking about but it was hockey related and he was clearly pissed...I couldn't help myself and after I finished eating I interrupted gave them the classic "Ima big fan blah blah blah" Mason was super nice shook my hand chatted with me for a minute and offered an autograph, Rome just sat there and Mason was like. "here let me get Aaron Romes autograph for ya" haha.

I always been a fan of him since then. I still remember how upset I was when he got injured in the finals. He really is a diamond in the rough, he has all the tools to be an elite level player but just seems to have a mental roadblock when it comes to things like going to the front of the net, winning battles along the boards, and speeding quickly into the zone only to stop up and chuck the puck on the net from the top of the face-off circle. I would be sad to see him go but maybe a change of scenery would be good for his game and I am still confident that the Canucks will make some keys move in the summer to get us up to snuff for next season.

WTN

I like Raymond. It is clearly his speed and stop-on-a-dime ability which is pretty fun to watch.

With that said, it isn't enough. I think he improved this year and doesn't seem to get rubbed out every single time he crosses the opposing blueline, but he still just isn't strong enough to make a huge impact on a regular basis. As has been said, a player like Jensen may have all the tools and is much more the kind of player we can use going forward.

I just don't see a place for Raymond unless he wants to sign for less than I'm sure he could get elsewhere. It will be sad to see him go, but it happens....

Luongo to the Leafs

Ballard bought out

Booth:

-Performs in the playoffs = might keep him

-Doesn't perform = buyout / trade

As for May Ray, he has proven to be a great asset to our team and has some great chemistry with a lot of the guys. I'm sure he'd love to stay a Canuck after the year is over, so I wouldn't be surprised if he took a pay cut to do so.

Apr913_BTL11_slide.jpg

Raymond will probably be the outs this summer unless he has a productive playoff. Love the speed and skills and is just reaching his prime years. Makes us a faster and better defensive team IMO. Western Canadian to boot. It really comes down to Booth vs Raymond with better postseason winning. I hope MayRay gets her done and we deal Booth....Not sure what this guy brings yet other than size speed faith and dead animal pics.

honestly I don't see any teams giving up to much just to get the chance to try and sign him first. The Canucks plan should be to try and sign him cheap first, if that fails trading his rights for a mid round pick would be good but that may not happen which means just letting him go.

honestly I don't see any teams giving up to much just to get the chance to try and sign him first. The Canucks plan should be to try and sign him cheap first, if that fails trading his rights for a mid round pick would be good but that may not happen which means just letting him go.

Archived