The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Updated on Tanev and Booth] Booth, Hansen, Tanev, Higgins, Schneider

I love Hansen as much as any other fan, but he has no "hands". I call him "No Hands Hansen". How many pristine chances has he missed this year?? I can think of three break aways when we were struggling if he had scored on them, the Canucks couldve won those games.

I love Hansen as much as any other fan, but he has no "hands". I call him "No Hands Hansen". How many pristine chances has he missed this year?? I can think of three break aways when we were struggling if he had scored on them, the Canucks couldve won those games.

There would be nothing worse than sending in a cold Tanev into the first round of the playoffs. We really should change our defence depending on our opposition:

Big physical L.A team:

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Alberts - Vandermeer/Barker

Small, skilled Minnesota/Detroit team:

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Garrison

Tanev - Ballard

One thing AV's never been good at is adjusting his team. In the 2011 cup run he got lucky - we didn't have to adjust because we were simply the best. When the time came to adjust (Game 5, 6 and 7 of the SCF) he didn't change a thing because he believed in our system and it got torn to shreds by the Bruins.

Then against L.A, we played the same way for Game 1 and 2, and the only change he makes in Game 3 is our goalie. System and personel were exactly the same. Needless to say, the Kings kept rolling and finished us off.

The last 2 seasons we were the Cup favourites and best team in the NHL all season long which is why I understand AV would trust in the system, but this year we've barely been a top-5 team in the league. We're no longer the favourites, so to win a Cup we're going to have to adjust to the better teams in the league, exploit their weaknesses and play to our strengths. Depth at defence is one of them, and is something we can use to exploit other team's matchups.

im sick of AV lets all team up and send out how we rally feel- Im upset the fact he put Schedider in net ( sry spelling of the name) Yet he knew he still may of had a bit of a flu- why the frack would u even do that ... seriously.... Having said all that - on a positive note the OFFENSE showed up... :)

Man if we could get Booth back in the 2nd round if were still in it, he would make our 4th line awesome, I think he should play there since he's going to be behind most of the players because of his injury.

Booth-Lapierre-Weise that's a 3rd line on weak teams.

im sick of AV lets all team up and send out how we rally feel- Im upset the fact he put Schedider in net ( sry spelling of the name) Yet he knew he still may of had a bit of a flu- why the frack would u even do that ... seriously.... Having said all that - on a positive note the OFFENSE showed up... :)

Only reason why I would want Booth back or even care, would be because one of our forwards got injured during the playoffs. If he's back in our line up next season, I'm gonna be very disappointed in management. He's had his time to prove himself and has only played sub-par at best and been injured non stop.. It's time to move on to bigger better things, that's 4.25 mil off the books (already) as far as I'm concerned. :mellow:

Good on Av. I can think of a number of times that Hansen has lost his cool and taken needless penalties. Some of wich have costed games or deflated the Canucks momentum. AV is trying to build his character before the playoffs without embarassing him by sending him to the minors.

It was up to Gillis to trade him at the deadline. Once again, " THANKS GILLIS ! "

Side note - Luongo usually makes the shortside save with his blocker late in games or in overtime and on the penalty kill.

Schnieder seems weak in that department.

Archived