The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it not time to give Luo a run!?

Hahaha so you're talking about money now?

First of all you know nothing if u think his actual pay chq means anything. Only his cap hit means something... that's all that matters to fit under the salary cap. So no one gives a crap at what he actually takes home.

But trust me aquilini ddoesn't mind signing over 10 million or 6.5 or w.e to luongo.

His jersey sales and his three games where he stood on his head in the scf made aquilini plenty.

canucks played almost the maximum number of home games in ALL FOUR SERIES IN 2011 thanks to lu...

So give ur head a shake at thinking luongo has cost aquilini more money than gained him.

I didn't count games where we scored 0 or 1 goals cause we wouldn't have won those anyways with such horrible offense. I counted the 8-1 loss just cause it was such a blowout but at the same time we only scored 1 goal so he would have needed a shutout for us to win that one too. If your goalie can get a shutout then great but you shouldn't be expecting him to, certainly not every single game like we pretty much would have needed in the finals. you should score more goals. But yes games where you score 3+ and lose then it's definitely on the goalie as well.

So there's 3 games on that list you mentioned where we scored 3+ and lost, so that to me makes it 7 playoff games where you can say Luongo was a big part of why we lost. The others where we hardly mustered any offense we were never in to begin with.

I think Luongo should've gotten the game in Colorado anyways. Schneider was just getting over the flu and it's not easy playing at that high altitude in Denver even when your'e 100%.

Also, the Avalanche may be the worst team in the league but they have come out and surprised some good teams this season. They ended Chicago's undefeated streak in a blowout and they recently waltzed into Anaheim and stomped on them.

Archived