The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators - 15/04/13

Apples

Precisely part of the problem. They rely too much on the 'skill firepower' as opposed to the work ethic. Given the lack of NHL experience on the Nashville roster right now, this should be a total smokeshow for the Canucks, and not the "Nashville is outplaying up" bit that it currently is.

Win or lose, the effort issues this team has displayed over the entire year will be our downfall.

Yup,

What was it 41 shots allowed against Calgary? Tonight 28 through 2 periods against a Preds them that has only scored 6 goals in 6 games?

WIth what I'm seeing effort-wise ( and have seen all year) I am expecting a very relaxed playoffs this year 'cause the Nucks are looking to be out fast.

At first I thought it was a good non-call because it was the follow-through of playing the puck, but then watching the ref try and blame Roy for initiating contact made me realize they all flat-out missed it.

EDIT: Henrik's explanation just confirmed it.

Oh well, missed calls happen all the time.. went in our favor last game against the avs.

Precisely part of the problem. They rely too much on the 'skill firepower' as opposed to the work ethic. Given the lack of NHL experience on the Nashville roster right now, this should be a total smokeshow for the Canucks, and not the "Nashville is outplaying up" bit that it currently is.

Win or lose, the effort issues this team has displayed over the entire year will be our downfall.

Oh I agree.

I don't blame the reffing for us playing bad. I just think the reffing sucks and not helping on top of our crappy going to lose in the first round play.

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 7m

Horrific 2nd period expect for MVP Garrisons bomb. I shutter to think where this teams back end would be without him.

Sedins have picked up pts last few games, but look really bad. Not generating the scoring chances at EV that's required of a 1st line - then getting their teeth kicked in on chance differential.

I always said I'd reserve my judgment of this team til there's 10 games left till playoffs - and I'm officially concerned. Being the 2nd best puck possession team in the league will not save this team unless they can stop getting killed by AHL teams.

The Sedins haven't been a major factor since the first half of last season. Not sure if Danny is permanently damaged goods or if they're losing a step but they're not the same players they were 2 years ago.

Be careful what you say about them though or you'll end up with your comments being quoted in DeNIro's signature.

and killed 21 straight penalties

If I am coaching this team, I am telling or players to finish their checks even if they are late. Grind down teams and know that we can kill the penalty anyways.

Post above me would be more awesome if there was a Blue and White Weber jersey along side.

Archived