The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Jonathan Drouin will be starting the year in San Antonio as we feel that he didn't do enough in preseason to earn a roster spot.

Michael Matheson however impressed us enough to earn an opening day roster spot.

Disappointed with Charlie Coyles play in the preseason, so he will most likely be starting on the 4th line and will have to work his way up. Zack Phillips will be starting on the 2nd line after a good preseason.

Markstrom will be the starting goalie, but any bad games from and Bishop could take that spot away.

So this year I will be giving out 3 stars of the week again as well as forward, defensemen and rookie of the months. Unfortunately goalies will not be included in the stars as this program doesn't keep track of goalie stats. If you guys notice that your goalie is having a good week and deserves a nomination then let me know. I won't be going to each teams page to see how your goalies are doing.

Stars of the week will be mostly based on points, but if a player has a really solid stat line across

the board then I may consider him over a guy with more points.

Defensemen of the month will be based on a mix of points, +/-, SB, Hits and TA-GA ratio.

I will be keeping track of all the stars of the week and players of the month and we can maybe give out an award to the player with the most stars and maybe to the team that has the most total stars.

Phoenix would like to release the following uncreated prospects from our depth chart:

Dean Arsene

Dimitri Pestunov

Kale Kessy

Marek Langhamer

These two should be removed from the depth chart prospects also, as they are already in the STHS game:

Mathieu Brodeur

Nick Ross

Holy crap! So he isn't leaving after this season?

Apparently he wants a contract extension and rumoured to want to retire in Detroit(or at least that's what I've heard a handful of times on twitter)

I'm surprised, and a little relieved, I was all ready to let him return home at the end of the season.

Apparently he wants a contract extension and rumoured to want to retire in Detroit(or at least that's what I've heard a handful of times on twitter)

I'm surprised, and a little relieved, I was all ready to let him return home at the end of the season.

Good! Hopefully this upcoming season isn't Datsyuk's last.

tumblr_lwkx96h4Xh1qzw3v6o1_500.jpg

Having led all rookies in scoring during the pre-season, Nikita Kucherov has earned a roster spot on the Los Angeles Kings. More importantly he has been given the opportunity to play in the top 6 on a newly designed 2nd line that will feature:

Dustin Brown [C] - Mike Richards - Nikita Kucherov

Montreal Canadiens regular season lines:

Pacioretty[A] - Galchenyuk[A] - Callahan [C]

Morrow - Elias - Cole

Higgins - Cogliano - Gallagher

Eller - Leblanc - Tootoo

Extra: Rupp, Eager

Subban[A] - Hjalmarsson [A]

Smid - Beaulieu

Tallinder - Scandella

Extra: Diaz

Price

Huet

Our forward core is extremely deep. I think our top nine can compete with the best of them. Our fourth line isn't very tough, but it is quite skilled and we have toughness that can slot in at any time in Eager and Rupp. Subban and Hjalmarsson both had breakout years last year and we think that they can continue in that upward trend. Price has been a beast for us and we don't see that changing any time soon. We expect the team to make a deep playoff run.

Archived