The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lol... Why are you annoyed? You rated a washed up scrub that has done nothing in STHS and IRL like a superstar, how could people be happy about that? Sure other guys are a bit low or a bit high but none close to mr chee-choo-train

Annoyed that you're all so willing to complain now, but were so unwilling to assist *VC* and SOB when they needed the help.

IDGAD about Cheechoo anymore, its being dealt with.

Could easily work on a master spreadsheet that does all the work for you. If any excel experts are here, hit me up and we'll work on something.

I was testing it out, basically for hits:

I felt if you average a hit per game, it deserves a +2 rating.

So the formula was like IF hits = 1 per game then +2 too CK. If you averaged 1.5 hits per game, +4. 2 hits per game +6. 3 or more +6.

For the AHL it would be reduced in half.

Here's the problem I have with this.

If a player with 55 CK and another player with 95 CK both finish with 100 hits for the season (over similar number of GP), do they both get +2 CK? Wouldn't it make more sense to equalize the ratings so that the two players are closer in CK? Obviously making them exact equals would be silly, but bumping up the 55 CK to ~60 and dropping 95 closer to 90 seems more logical to me.

Here's the problem I have with this.

If a player with 55 CK and another player with 95 CK both finish with 100 hits for the season (over similar number of GP), do they both get +2 CK? Wouldn't it make more sense to equalize the ratings so that the two players are closer in CK? Obviously making them exact equals would be silly, but bumping up the 55 CK to ~60 and dropping 95 closer to 90 seems more logical to me.

Then I would not be able to make a formula dat complex.. :(

Archived