The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duncan Keith's post-game comments towards Karen Thomson of Team 1040

stonecoldstevebernier

Dont think it was sexist, he was frustrated and was asked a dumb question by a reporter. I think he blew it with how he said it, but the sexist intent was not their. I hate the Blackhawks, I hate Keith as a Blackhawk, I hope they lose to Columbus in the first round. BUT Duncan Keith is still a beauty player that i would want on my team in a minute. Im sure all the people calling for his head and saying hes a douche bag will change their toon next year when he is helping win us a gold medal.

Not saying he wasn't being a dick bag, but i would be too if i had to answer the stupidest questions ever night after night.

Unless, of course, you're a woman who has had to battle through some of this s-----tuff over the years. Words can be powerful in keeping people "in their place" via humiliation and bullying. This is a form of that, pulling a card of "you're just a dumb woman". It's meant to belittle. Men should have grown out of the "you're just a dumb girl" by grade school so don't give it a pass. Post game things like this are NOT said all the time...I challenge you to bring me one example.

Anyone thinking it's acceptable to pull the "you're just a woman/what do you know" crap needs to jump into this century. Or have your Mama slap some sense into you.

Just to clarify:

sex·ism (sebreve.gifkprime.gifsibreve.gifzlprime.gifschwa.gifm)

n.

1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.

2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

It's exactly what his comment insinuated. If done with a chuckle, maybe it could sneak through. But it was with a condescending tone and obviously meant to put her in her place. Low blow but, again, who's surprised when considering the source. Seems Dirty Dunc has little regard for others but what goes around comes around.

It was sexist but really, isn't just easier to just forget about it and say he is a stupid guy in the heat of the moment.

Everyone complains about racists, homophobics, sexists and how they are so full of hate, yet you turn around and fill yourself full of hate, hating on them.

What is the point?

90% of this crap is totally unintentional,

I say stupid crap i dont mean every 5 mins.

I just think we all need to live by example and not worry about what other people say.

Let them hang themselves

whether it was a "dumb question" or not, at least show some level of professionalism and admit you got beat by a "sister" dunky. that's all you had to do. might as well have spit on the girl after you left

HOW ARE PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING? JUST STOP DEFENDING HIM FFS...

ITS KEITH... the same guy that initially said he wasn't sorry for assaulting and concussing the leagues reigning MVP when he wasn't even near the Puck.

THIS GUY HAS ZERO CLASS... and this comment to Karen Thomson just proves my point.

If you're protecting him or saying it wasn't a sexist remark give your head a damn shake.

Marchand is no longer enemy #1...

Duncan "Daniels little b****" Keith is.

It was sexist but really, isn't just easier to just forget about it and say he is a stupid guy in the heat of the moment.

Everyone complains about racists, homophobics, sexists and how they are so full of hate, yet you turn around and fill yourself full of hate, hating on them.

What is the point?

90% of this crap is totally unintentional,

I say stupid crap i dont mean every 5 mins.

I just think we all need to live by example and not worry about what other people say.

Let them hang themselves

Thomson: “Can you talk about what happened after the Daniel Sedin goal?”

Keith: “Which one was that one?

Thomson: “The third goal.”

Keith: “The third one? Well, we scored one goal after that I think and the game ended 3-1.”

Thomson: “Right after the goal when you were on the ice with Daniel. Right after he scored. You remember?”

Keith: “I went off the ice and took a minus. I don’t know. What are you talking about?”

Thomson: “Nothing. Just checking.”

Keith: “What did you see?”

Thomson: “It looked like maybe there was a penalty that went undetected. You seemed a bit frustrated.”

Keith: “Oh, no. I don’t think there was anything. I think he scored a nice goal. The ref was right there. That’s what the ref saw. We should get you as a ref maybe, eh?”

Thomson: “Yeah, maybe.”

Keith: The first female … ”

Thomson: “I can’t skate, though.”

Keith: “The first female referee. You can’t play probably either, right? But you're thinking the game like you know it? Okay, see ya.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-duncan-keith-audio-20130423,0,816349.mp3file' rel="external nofollow">

It's a stupid comment from Keith but is also poor form on Karen Thomson. He responded poorly but she comes across as an upset fan more than she does a reporter. Not to mention she is uninformed regarding the rules. It was going to be a penalty. The goal negates that. Maybe it isn't a great rule but it is a rule. If you are going to get into questioning a player about what is or isn't a penalty then you had better know the rules. It looks kind of silly when you don't.

Because Keith stupidly mentions gender the poor reporting gets overlooked. This is typical Canucks reporting. Fans of the team all of them.

But Keith deserves the heat he is taking today. Thomson should get some as well.

It's a stupid comment from Keith but is also poor form on Karen Thomson. He responded poorly but she comes across as an upset fan more than she does a reporter. Not to mention she is uninformed regarding the rules. It was going to be a penalty. The goal negates that. Maybe it isn't a great rule but it is a rule. If you are going to get into questioning a player about what is or isn't a penalty then you had better know the rules. It looks kind of silly when you don't.

Because Keith stupidly mentions gender the poor reporting gets overlooked. This is typical Canucks reporting. Fans of the team all of them.

But Keith deserves the heat he is taking today. Thomson should get some as well.

Archived