The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor McDavid: The Next Big Thing?

Drouin

I can see Edmonton tanking another season on purpose just to get him.

It's still too early to tell if he'll hold up to the NHL, Crosby was a dynasty at 13 and didn't get into the NHL til 18, I don't think this kid will get an early ticket.

With scoring the way it is, I'd be happy with seeing 5 guys breaking 100pts again. I think the days of Thornton posting 120pts are gone too.

Maybe some sort of rule change might make a significant difference, but goalies aren't getting any worse. Even if we somehow got a bunch of Sidney Crosby tier players in the league he still isn't anywhere even remotely close to even 150 points.

Tanking for a future star would give us an exceptional shot at a Cup in about 3-5 years time, but good luck telling the current players that: we want you to throw away your Cup chances so kids can have a better shot at it when you'll have moved on.

Yes and the season ticket holders....

Stick-handling, skating, shooting, all exceptional. His vision is what makes him a possible generational player. He's also got very decent size. His numbers are quite comparable to Tavares' but we'll see how he does in his draft year. Tank for this kid. Reinhart's got nothing on him

No team intentionally loses for a 1st overall pick.

No player on a pro team would participate in something like this.

No one in sports is motivated by what might happen next year.

Hello Edmonton.

The Cleveland Cavaliers openly admitted to tanking for Lebron James

i bet he ends up closer to daigle than crosby.

Lets bet it on.

Canucks.com accounts. If he busts, I leave canucks.com if he doesn't you leave canucks.com

Edmonton Oilers have been doing it. Tampa BAy did it in 2008. Based on what?

Tampa bay was playing AHL players, and their 4th string goalies towards the end of the 2008 season.

OIlers had their star players at the time, Ales Hemsky and a bunch of random dudes had Phantom injuries.

Yep, I bet multiple teams lost on purpose to attempt to get Sid. This guy IS the next Crosby.

That would have been pretty hard for them to do, considering the NHL cancelled its season that year. The draft order was randomly chosen in Crosby's year.

Archived