The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Use Garrison's bomb as a tool to inflict injury upon playoff opponents!

ThatPope

This! No where in my post do I say to 'intentionally' fire upon players. However, I am advocating that he take as many shots as possible and if someone chooses to stand in front of it and happens to get injured, well then that's a consequence that I will secretly be happy with. :ph34r:

This! No where in my post do I say to 'intentionally' fire upon players. However, I am advocating that he take as many shots as possible and if someone chooses to stand in front of it and happens to get injured, well then that's a consequence that I will secretly be happy with. :ph34r:

Yes exactly! Let him shoot and TRY TO SCORE, but if they want to stand in the way and TRY TO BLOCK IT, then HOPEFULLY they get knocked out of the series and in turn make it easier for the Canucks to beat them. Picture this: Garrison ripping a shot, Toews tries to block the shot, while doing so Toews gets injured.. This would be #1 scenario

Yes exactly! Let him shoot and TRY TO SCORE, but if they want to stand in the way and TRY TO BLOCK IT, then HOPEFULLY they get knocked out of the series and in turn make it easier for the Canucks to beat them. Picture this: Garrison ripping a shot, Toews tries to block the shot, while doing so Toews gets injured.. This would be #1 scenario

while you are at it why don't they aim at the head and kill someone in the process then? what's better than eliminating them completely and never have to worry about them anymore??

/sarcasm

what's the difference between deliberately aiming to injury player accidentally and intentionally hurting someone??

You don't plan on injuring the opposing team on purpose, but it is very important to establish that point shot, and establish it early. Forces the forwards up high to respect the shot, and have to cover Garrison more closely, opening up more space for the other Canucks.

Plus, you want Garrison shooting as much as he can anyways, since his shot is so lethal. Using it expressly to injure players though? I suppose you wouldn't come out and say it, but I suppose in the playoffs, knocking a guy out for however minutes or even a game or two because of blocking a Garrison blast is indirectly a plus.

I know what you're saying, OP, but it's just one of those things that you don't really say out loud, lol.

Picture this: garrison intentionally tries to injure players in the playoffs, while doing this he misses the opposing player and hits one of our star players. Now picture this: garrison brutally injures an opposing player who is unable to play for the rest of their career and were concerned about winning the game? Lol back to reality.

No no man you got it wrong. Not INTENTIALLY try to injure, but INTENTIALLY TRY TO SCORE. Hockey is a rough sport, people get injured all the time. If someone gets injured while intentially trying to block his shot, that he intentially tried to score on, then yes it is unfortunate for them but that's hockey.

Archived