The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 7-2 Canucks

JE14

crap game but it is nothing to judge, i must say i think lu was unfortunatly at fault in this one, im pissed that lapierre had the minus 4 cause he really did not play bad at all and it makes his plus minus stats similar to the other 4th liners, also he had a nice response to fistric at the end of the game, that cross check was douchy. I am not so fond of the play of Raymond of recent, however maybe he will pick it up in playoffs.

Playoff lines

Sedins-Burrows

Kesler-Roy-Higgins

Raymond/Kassian-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Ebbett-Sestito/Pinizotto

A good goalie will be good no matter how bad the defence was. I give him 4 goals max but anything north of it, is a bad night for the goalie. We can't always say"oh we left him out to dry". Even though we iced a weaker line up doesn't mean he can play bad again. Who the hell lets in goals in bunches like that. Luongo is the only goalie in the NHL that lets in goals in flurries. I can't wait to get rid of this sieve. I'm sick and tired of defending him.

I have always defended the Canucks and their fanbase, but sometimes after reading some of these posts, I can help but feel that some people in the Vancouver fanbase are just right out to lunch.

I can agree that Lou had a bad 10 minutes in the third, and no it's not all his fault.

What I don't understand is how people are freaking out over a mean-nothing game at the end of the season. The big story tonight is that Lou wasn't pulled before it got really ugly. Other than that, who cares.

I think the Canucks got the best opponent possible in the Sharks. The Canucks would have a much harder time against the Kings or Blues, at least with the Sharks there is *some* room to move out there, not just a giant neutral zone trap.

What a joke. This team has no respect for Roberto.

They can't put in a decent effort in what could very well be his final home game. They left him out to dry in the third period of tonight's game which may have been his very last game as a Canuck. It's appalling. Given how they have played the last two games, I doubt anyone in the dressing room stood up and went "Hey guys, this might be Roberto's final couple games as a Canuck so lets go out and play 60 minutes, play hard, put in a good effort, and win it for him."

And quite frankly this team is going to get murdered by the Sharks. Plain and simple. All the Canucks have done this month is beat up on basement dwellers, except the Oilers. When challenged by legitimate opposition? The Canucks have been spanked. Furthermore we all know the Sharks have owned his team this season.

The Canucks are going down in flames. They're not going to pull their heads of out their asses over night. How they have played for the entire past month is indicative of what we're going to see against the Sharks. I'm calling for a Sharks sweep, or a 4-1 series win at the worst for them.

This game will have zero affect on Luongo's trade value. By game 2 everyone will have forgot what happened. As a Luo lover you should be the first to understand Luongo career stats will be what teams see in him and not the last meaningless game of a season. zero affect.

On top of that there is a really good chance this was Luongos last game ever playings on the ice in a canucks uniform, give the guy a full game no matter how crapy the team was playing it has nothing to do with his stats and everything to do with saying goodbye.

Come on guys, this was a meaningless game. Before coming here, I was hoping for having some fun jabbing at the Oilers, or discussing Yakupov and J. Schultz's celebrations. It started well the first couple of pages, but you guys just went serious...come on man, let's get serious starting next week!

By the way, I seriously don't get why Yakupov and Schultz were so happy...like really???

While it's a bad idea to leave a goalie in for so many goals, I can see why AV did it. We had Joe Cannata playing backup tonight, it wouldn't have been a good idea to throw him to the wolves in his first ever NHL appearance. Put him in these circumstances and he's totally set up to fail, not exactly a good thing for a rookie's confidence. No matter what decision AV made he would have been screwed. Both options were completely terrible. If Schneider had been backing up Luongo I wonder what AV would have done?

While it's a bad idea to leave a goalie in for so many goals, I can see why AV did it. We had Joe Cannata playing backup tonight, it wouldn't have been a good idea to throw him to the wolves in his first ever NHL appearance. Put him in these circumstances and he's totally set up to fail, not exactly a good thing for a rookie's confidence. No matter what decision AV made he would have been screwed. Both options were completely terrible. If Schneider had been backing up Luongo I wonder what AV would have done?

Archived