The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 7-2 Canucks

JE14

Come on guys, this was a meaningless game. Before coming here, I was hoping for having some fun jabbing at the Oilers, or discussing Yakupov and J. Schultz's celebrations. It started well the first couple of pages, but you guys just went serious...come on man, let's get serious starting next week!

By the way, I seriously don't get why Yakupov and Schultz were so happy...like really???

They were supporting their team through rough patches years ago. Getting to watch Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, Nugent Hopkins, Schultz etc. and the young future of a team that should challenge for a cup shortly is nothing to be proud of.

coach v baffles me, at 5 goals he should of pulled lou, it was obvious to many of us the team had quit already ( from the fourth goal on ). put the back up in, park it and move on rather than humiliating your franchise player of the past who may get the first start against san jose.

The danger in doing anything to Lou that Lou does not like or finds disrespectful or demeaning is;

What if Lou walks into Gm MG's office and says- "I will not waive my no trade clause to play for any other team. You signed my no trade clause contract and I will make sure you honour it. Then the nucks are stuck with his contract for the duration, almost forced to trade Schnieder due to cap problems and then Lou c ould retire leaving the nucks with Eddie Lack as their starting goailie and still on the hook for a lot of Lou's contract against the cap.

MG and AV are playing a very dangerous "game" here.

Be very careful of shaming a player or person because you might not like what can happen.

A good goalie will be good no matter how bad the defence was. I give him 4 goals max but anything north of it, is a bad night for the goalie. We can't always say"oh we left him out to dry". Even though we iced a weaker line up doesn't mean he can play bad again. Who the hell lets in goals in bunches like that. Luongo is the only goalie in the NHL that lets in goals in flurries. I can't wait to get rid of this sieve. I'm sick and tired of defending him.

the Oilers are sure a happy bunch after finishing 23rd overall. The emberassing goal celebrations in a mean nothing game were nothing short of a major fail. Don Cherry probably didn't get a wink of sleep last night after witnessing Yakupov flail around like a mindless monkey after his first goal.

The danger in doing anything to Lou that Lou does not like or finds disrespectful or demeaning is;

What if Lou walks into Gm MG's office and says- "I will not waive my no trade clause to play for any other team. You signed my no trade clause contract and I will make sure you honour it. Then the nucks are stuck with his contract for the duration, almost forced to trade Schnieder due to cap problems and then Lou c ould retire leaving the nucks with Eddie Lack as their starting goailie and still on the hook for a lot of Lou's contract against the cap.

MG and AV are playing a very dangerous "game" here.

Be very careful of shaming a player or person because you might not like what can happen.

Henrik's comments after the game were telling. Regardless of what was done, there was going to be criticism. The Lu situation was the same.

AV pulls Lu: Lu loses confidence in himself

AV leaves Lu in: Lu maybe gets it done, maybe not and the decision was no worse than above.

Basically, it's an easy decision. The kids saying otherwise have no idea how much goalies, especially Lu, hate being pulled. Let him feel the pain of the last 10 minutes and reflect. Schneids got lit up by Anaheim and because he's a warrior, he came back better than any of us thought. If Lu can't do the same, Lu is the problem. So what he left quickly after the game? He's just disappointed in his performance and he should be. He unraveled after his first mistake, and the team read off of that and became less confident in their game as well. You start over-thinking against a line of 1st overall picks without your top d men, 7-2 happens.

I also think once the game was out of reach, AV told our guys not to get injured. Oilers were weirdly chippy tonight. They just came off as staggeringly unintelligent. That they celebrated at all would have been a bit odd knowing this game was worth nothing, to go so wild is truly bizarre. Not to mention the intent to injure with slewfooting, pucks to the face and crosschecking to the throat of all things. It was good to let them just score their goals. Getting in the way would have turned out bad for us.

Archived