The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 7-2 Canucks

JE14

What a joke. This team has no respect for Roberto.

They can't put in a decent effort in what could very well be his final home game. They left him out to dry in the third period of tonight's game which may have been his very last game as a Canuck. It's appalling. Given how they have played the last two games, I doubt anyone in the dressing room stood up and went "Hey guys, this might be Roberto's final couple games as a Canuck so lets go out and play 60 minutes, play hard, put in a good effort, and win it for him."

And quite frankly this team is going to get murdered by the Sharks. Plain and simple. All the Canucks have done this month is beat up on basement dwellers, except the Oilers. When challenged by legitimate opposition? The Canucks have been spanked. Furthermore we all know the Sharks have owned his team this season.

The Canucks are going down in flames. They're not going to pull their heads of out their asses over night. How they have played I for the entire past month is indicative of what we're going to see against the Sharks. I'm calling for a Sharks sweep, or a 4-1 series win at the worst for them.

You are blaming AV for Luongo playing horrible? Cmon man, that is just plain nonsense. There is no one to blame for Luongo giving up bad goals other than Luongo himself. Yes the team did not play steller defense but that doesn't excuse Luo for letting in goals that he should have stopped.

i have no idea. i think dwight simply moved on, or is amung us and mastered the craft on playing a character, but as far as i know, i was on the bjb zeta boards shortly after stealth and i had come to terms and i came back and modes was pissed at me lol but i think knut or gd would have informed me this inside information x__x

Luongo played horrible ? Do you know the difference in horrid defence and horrid goaltending ? The defence was about as bad as it gets ? You leave talented players in close like that with no check on them there going to put the puck in on ANY goalie .

AV needs to be fired before next season and if this was mid season i would say on the spot for his terrible treatment of Luongo tonight . Other players see that and lose respect for a coach for that type of treatment and in the end the coach loses the room and stop playing for him and causing locker room distractions by doing it

Barker and Lapierre both a -4 tonight.

Barker is about 9th on our depth chart tonight. Not a surprised we get blown out with him and Joslin in the lineup.

And Lapierre needs to be on the fourth line. His play is too inconsistent. Time to slot Schroeder in with Raymond and Hansen, and get Ebbett the hell out of the lineup.

From tonight I would say Weise and Pinizzotto have earned the fourth line spots.

As for Luongo playing poorly. Sure he let in some stinkers, but the coach should have never left him in after the D just gave up. No wonder this guy wants out of town. How many times does he have to be hung out to dry and then ridiculed? He's had nothing but despicable treatment here the last couple years.

Nj securing a playoff berth.

frackadoodledoo, isnt it amazing to win this division for a hundred straight years.

Since when does that give you license to play horrible, completely embarrassing yourself, your team, and especially your goaltender?

I find myself questioning the character on this team. Where is the pride?

Heh @ NHL.com picking Yakupov (3G, 0A, 3P) as Star #2 of the night over Zetterberg (2G, 1A, 3P).

Same points, but one game the guy helped clinch his team a playoff berth. The other game, the guy scored a hat trick in an inconsequential game against a team not dressing half its core players.

But yes, apparently Yakupov's night was the 'bigger' one :rolleyes:

Nj securing a playoff berth.

frackadoodledoo, isnt it amazing to win this division for a hundred straight years.

Since when does that give you license to play horrible, completely embarrassing yourself, your team, and especially your goaltender?

I find myself questioning the character on this team. Where is the pride?

Archived