The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 7-2 Canucks

JE14

Nj securing a playoff berth.

frackadoodledoo, isnt it amazing to win this division for a hundred straight years.

Since when does that give you license to play horrible, completely embarrassing yourself, your team, and especially your goaltender?

I find myself questioning the character on this team. Where is the pride?

Heh @ NHL.com picking Yakupov (3G, 0A, 3P) as Star #2 of the night over Zetterberg (2G, 1A, 3P).

Same points, but one game the guy helped clinch his team a playoff berth. The other game, the guy scored a hat trick in an inconsequential game against a team not dressing half its core players.

But yes, apparently Yakupov's night was the 'bigger' one :rolleyes:

Luongo really doesn't deserve the crap he's had to deal with over the past couple of years. Whether it's from the media, management, or "fans" (lol), the poor guy never gets a break. His every move is scrutinized at a scope that is a thousand times greater than ANY other player on the team.

1. Luongo gets hung out to dry by his team and coach - Media gives him crap

2. Luongo can't score any goals against Boston in SCF - Fans give him crap

3. Luongo asks to get traded to his hometown or Toronto - Management treats him like crap

This city has a "When in doubt, blame Luongo for everything" mentality, and it's pathetic. And please save the crap about "not ever feeling bad for millionaires" - we're all human beings at the end of the day and it shouldn't be considered ridiculous to emphasize for one another.

Luongo really doesn't deserve the crap he's had to deal with over the past couple of years. Whether it's from the media, management, or "fans" (lol), the poor guy never gets a break. His every move is scrutinized at a scope that is a thousand times greater than ANY other player on the team.

1. Luongo gets hung out to dry by his team and coach - Media gives him crap

2. Luongo can't score any goals against Boston in SCF - Fans give him crap

3. Luongo asks to get traded to his hometown or Toronto - Management treats him like crap

This city has a "When in doubt, blame Luongo for everything" mentality, and it's pathetic. And please save the crap about "not ever feeling bad for millionaires" - we're all human beings at the end of the day and it shouldn't be considered ridiculous to emphasize for one another.

Barker and Lapierre both a -4 tonight.

Barker is about 9th on our depth chart tonight. Not a surprised we get blown out with him and Joslin in the lineup.

And Lapierre needs to be on the fourth line. His play is too inconsistent. Time to slot Schroeder in with Raymond and Hansen, and get Ebbett the hell out of the lineup.

From tonight I would say Weise and Pinizzotto have earned the fourth line spots.

As for Luongo playing poorly. Sure he let in some stinkers, but the coach should have never left him in after the D just gave up. No wonder this guy wants out of town. How many times does he have to be hung out to dry and then ridiculed? He's had nothing but despicable treatment here the last couple years.

I don't care that much, it's just worth mentioning that apparently NHL.com's star pickers are just glancing at stats instead of basing the stars based on how important the game actually was and other important factors. It'd be nice if they put a bit more effort into it.

And I don't really see why I should be happy about a rival team's player getting a hat trick against us. I don't hate, nor do I like Yakupov.

Archived