The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Canucks vs Sharks Rnd 1**

carlweezer

Good read from Canucks Army on Schroeder-Ebbett debate: Link

I dug a little deeper, here's the data from each game this season w/ Schroeder:

Jan 27: Weise-Schroeder-Raymond line. +11 corsi. 13:22 TOI. Led the team in scoring chances this game - 3 total

March 5: Weise-Schroeder -Sestito line. -2 corsi. 14:12 TOI. (for context Raymond was -6 this night). Was a part of 2 scoring chances this game.

April 1: Sweatt- Schroeder-Lappy line. -2 corsi. 13:00 TOI (for context Ebbett was -10 this game). Was a part of 0 scoring chances this game (Ebbett also 0 scoring chances.

Not only does Schroeder have better underlying #'s than Ebbett over the entire season (as per Canucks Army) - in each game vs SJS this yr, Schroeder also had better #'s than Ebbett. Schroeder was basically playing with plugs/AHLers and still put up better underlying #'s.

And realistically, Mason Raymond hasn't done squat since Schroeder was sent down. These 2 together are better than anyone else they can ice with Raymond. Looking back at some of the game these 2 played together, they lit crap up they were soo good. Even in a 4th line role with say Weise and Lappy, he's a better option than Ebbett in the SJS series, easily. Easy as pie.

when i was growing up a long time ago the first round for the most part was a series of mismatches. the way it is now in the league any team that gets in can go deep. In the west outside of the wild the remaining 7 are legit cup teams.

Comes down to the second by second battles. Luck has a bit to do with it but the teams that battle the hardest will come out on top.

Huge Canuck fan but I am a bit worried about this series. SJ is much faster without Clowe, Hanzus and Murray. The Canuck D has to move the puck much, much quicker out the zone. Watched many games this year and the opposing team tends to really hound the Canuck D into making mistake after mistake, around the boards or up the middle (eg. Detroit, Dallas, Edmonton) . If the Canuck D can improve on this dramatically, and Schneider plays at least equal to Niemi, t will be more favorable to Vancouver. Otherwise, Canucks may lose in 6! I hope they correct the D-puck movement so that I am wrong.

Did not want to face LA or St Louis, but preferred to face either Minny or SJ so this is one of the more favorable match-ups for us imo. SJ, though still have size, have lost some physicality with the loss of Clowe, and in terms of skill wise head to head I believe we have that matchup won in a 7 game series. The only thing I'm worried about is Niemi playing lights out, but as we know the Sharks always choke in the post-season so hopefully they get it over with in the first round.

There's a different vibe about the team going into the playoffs this year. Like Kesler put it: “The team that wants it more, the team that has more will, is going to win.” I don't feel the team wants it as bad as in 2011 & 2012. As indicated in the recent game, AV hung Luongo to dry by not pulling him after the 4th goal & his teammates didn't help him out by playing better defensively either. I'm not sure what the issue is with the team but hopefully they can get over it when game 1 starts. If the team can't move on from whatever it is, look for the Sharks to take the series in 6 games.

It's sad to see all the negative comments from some of the "fans" on the site. To read that some people are scared of the matchup makes me laugh. What happened to having a belief that the team can win? The last game against Chicago showcased a team that would slaughter the Sharks.

As for Torres, I hope that AV tells Sestito, Pinnizotto, or Kassian to level him and take him out of the series.

Torres is a dirty player and a penalty magnet and should be treated as such.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=668555

VANCOUVER, B.C., — Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that forwards Jordan Schroeder, Nicklas Jensen, Darren Archibald, Kellan Lain and Alexandre Mallet, defencemen Jim Vandermeer and Peter Andersson, and goaltender Eddie Lack have been recalled.

Schroeder, 22, split the 2012.13 season with the Wolves and the Vancouver Canucks. In 31 games with Vancouver during his rookie season, he recorded nine points (3-6-9) and four penalty minutes. The centreman finished tied for fourth in scoring on the Wolves with 33 points (12-21-33) in 42 games.

Jensen, 20, made his NHL debut with Vancouver, appearing in two games with the Canucks in the 2012.13 regular season. He started the year with AIK in the Swedish Elite League (SEL) where he led all SEL rookies in goal scoring and finished tied for 11th for most goals scored among all players with 17 goals in 50 games played. In 20 games with the Wolves, the 6’3” forward collected four points (2-2-4) and eight penalty minutes.

Archibald, 23, split the 2012.13 season with the Wolves and the ECHL Kalamazoo Wings. In 55 games with the Wolves, the 6’3”, 212-pound right winger collected 22 points (12-10-22) and 47 penalty minutes. The Newmarket, ON, native compiled 13 points (6-7-13) in 18 games with the K-Wings.

Lain, 23, joined the Wolves after being signed by Vancouver as a free agent following his junior season with Lake Superior State University. In 13 games with the Wolves, the 6’6”, 222-pound forward collected six penalty minutes. The Oakville, ON, native registered 16 points (8-8-16) and a team leading 111 penalty minutes in 32 games with Lake Superior State University playing in the CCHA in 2012.13.

Mallet, 20, split the 2012.13 season with the Wolves and the ECHL Kalamazoo Wings. The 6’1”, 194-pound centre collected an assist and seven penalty minutes in 18 games with the Wolves and added 29 points (10-19-29) and 48 penalty minutes in 44 games with the K-Wings in 2012.13.

Andersson, 22, dressed in 42 games with the Wolves, collecting eight points (1-7-8) and 16 penalty minutes. The 6’3”, 194-pound defenceman was originally selected by Vancouver 143th overall n the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Vandermeer, 33, registered 10 points (5-5-10) and 66 penalty minutes in 34 games with the Wolves in the 2012.13 season. The 6’1”, 208-pound defenceman has played in 21 NHL playoff games, collecting two assists and 17 penalty minutes with the Calgary Flames and Philadelphia Flyers.

Lack, 25, posted a 7-4-1 record with Chicago before missing the remainder of the season due to injury. The 6’5”, 196-pound goaltender was originally signed by Vancouver as a free agent Apr. 6, 2010.

Archived