The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Canucks vs Sharks Rnd 1**

carlweezer

If the Canucks show up like they did those 2 games against L.A and Chicago I can see a 5 game series with the Canucks on top.. My thought process is however that they will come out strong Game 1, and then soil the sheets for the rest of the series.. I'm hoping they can find some consistency..

Oh and if we lose this series I think A.V gets the boot.

Also like this matchup from Vancouver's perspective. Thornton & Marleau aren't exactly world-beaters, in their PO history. Did I hear Couture was a little banged up in their finale vs Kings? Niemi's been good; but could easily have his game go south.

With all hands on deck, I'd say our boys will play fast & hard, like they did vs the Hawks earlier this week. If he's forced to play, Luongo did play very well, beating these Sharks in 2011.

We've more depth on D, with the showing of Corrado, & Tanev possibly returning during the series. Garrison, Edler & Hamhuis are all shooting well. Alberts is serving up a rugged game, & Ballard has ability to raise and/or improvise his game.

Our pp looks like it's coming together; & our pk has been pretty speedy & solid.

I predict all 3 top seeds win the first round; thereby our boys can start working on the California-sweep, moving on against Ana(called for this about two weeks ago). Overall, this is a good, strong opponent to get the boys rolling. Van in 6.

Archived