The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Canucks vs Sharks Rnd 1**

carlweezer

funny most don't like this match up. personally i think its the best 1st round opponent aside from the wild. STL is always tough and a well coached defensive style. LA could be in the heads of the nucks after last season and there still a very good big club. DET always finds that second gear come playoff time and Anaheim has alot of skill size and depth as well . SJ has proven only one thing there big guns don't show during the playoff not to mention what they in lost clowe and Murray. Torres is always tough to play against but the refs also watch him and he's still on a short leash from last seasons "incident".

should be a entraining series van in 5. just not sold on the "playoff performers" in SJ and being 24 in scoring this season won't help them either.

If there is a more talented guy than Lou who could really use a Cup to help justify his legacy; it's Thornton.

Everybody should ask themselves if that makes them happier or more scared about this match up?

funny most don't like this match up. personally i think its the best 1st round opponent aside from the wild. STL is always tough and a well coached defensive style. LA could be in the heads of the nucks after last season and there still a very good big club. DET always finds that second gear come playoff time and Anaheim has alot of skill size and depth as well . SJ has proven only one thing there big guns don't show during the playoff not to mention what they in lost clowe and Murray. Torres is always tough to play against but the refs also watch him and he's still on a short leash from last seasons "incident".

should be a entraining series van in 5. just not sold on the "playoff performers" in SJ and being 24 in scoring this season won't help them either.

:huh:

Me thinks your computing skills are out of whack!

12/13 > 2.11 GAA Schneider

11/12 > 1.96 GAA Schneider

His save % is also sparkling; 4th in the comp this year & 2knd last year. You might ask yourself who was in goal when the other goals were scored against us?

But yes we are not as good at clearing the puck quickly out of our end to control possession; which means less goals for and more time defending. And fishing goals out of our net. The stats don't suggest this is Schneider's fault.

Interesting stat on average goals for and against per game:

2011 3.20 GFA and 2.26 GAA

2012 3.04 GFA and 2.41 GAA

2013 2.65 GFA and 2.52 GAA

We are in deep ca ca if we can't score.

Sorry to put more gas on the fire, but our GAA has slowly gotten worse the more Schneider has played - coincidence?

This is a pretty good match up for the Canucks, if they can't beat SJ It seems unlikely they would have gone far no matter who they played.

I just hope they have good breakout strategies worked out, I hate seeing them get hemmed in their own zone over and over again.

Practice with a board in the bottom of the net cause Niemi is usually very strong low but leaves the top of the net open. Roof roof roof roof roof roof roof roof roof roof.

This is a pretty good match up for the Canucks, if they can't beat SJ It seems unlikely they would have gone far no matter who they played.

I just hope they have good breakout strategies worked out, I hate seeing them get hemmed in their own zone over and over again.

Practice with a board in the bottom of the net cause Niemi is usually very strong low but leaves the top of the net open. Roof roof roof roof roof roof roof roof roof roof.

Archived