The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting

Beluga Whale

Not to mention that when everyone thought Cory was starting, there was the opposite scenario...the hardcore Luo homers rooting for Schneids to fail. You can win on this forum, that's why sometimes I force myself into a self imposed CDC ban.

For all the "fans" who are saying that because Luongo is going in net that the game and series are a wash, wake up!

Stand behind your team (the entire team, even Ebbett) or go and hit the links with the Oilers and Flames.

Both Luongo and Schneider are only one of six Canucks on the ice during any game. This Vancouver based mentality that the goalie needs to save games is beyond moronic. The team needs to win games by playing together.

I am pretty sure the Canucks from this point forward are going to show everyone (especially the doubters) how good they can be. Both goalies will be given opportunites to play and will play beyond the shallow expectations that much of the press and assinine portion of the fans have of them.

This team wins with strong offence, strong defence, and strong goaltending.

Not strong goaltending, lacklustre defence, and half hearted offence.

Having two number ones is a strength.

Go Canucks Go!

For all the "fans" who are saying that because Luongo is going in net that the game and series are a wash, wake up!

Stand behind your team (the entire team, even Ebbett) or go and hit the links with the Oilers and Flames.

Both Luongo and Schneider are only one of six Canucks on the ice during any game. This Vancouver based mentality that the goalie needs to save games is beyond moronic. The team needs to win games by playing together.

I am pretty sure the Canucks from this point forward are going to show everyone (especially the doubters) how good they can be. Both goalies will be given opportunites to play and will play beyond the shallow expectations that much of the press and assinine portion of the fans have of them.  

This team wins with strong offence, strong defence, and strong goaltending.

Not strong goaltending, lacklustre defence, and half hearted offence.

Having two number ones is a strength.

Go Canucks Go!

He knows what it takes to get it done in the crease, just hope that the guys in front of him will be DISCIPLINED and focused so he won't have to face too many difficult chances while down a man or worse on odd-man rushes/ breakaways.

Who knows, if he does well his value may well go back up; have faith guys! He's not the #1 for nothing!

Archived