The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

11 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

are you literally screaming though?  I don't think you know what I mean, I grunt too, but these guys are out of this world.

Lol, nah not actually. If anything I’m relatively quiet and just breathing heavy at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured out my new maintenance calories over the last few weeks of October..going into a 2 month lean bulk. Hoping to keep it limited to 10lb gain, tbh not sure how much of it will be muscle but we'll see..might be too short of a window.

What are your guys current gym goals right now?

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

Figured out my new maintenance calories over the last few weeks of October..going into a 2 month lean bulk. Hoping to keep it limited to 10lb gain, tbh not sure how much of it will be muscle but we'll see..might be too short of a window.

What are your guys current gym goals right now?

IIRC you’re at least an intermediate lifter so in two months I’d be surprised if you put on more than 1.5 pounds of actual LBM. If you keep it a truly lean bulk you should just extend the window.

I found out the other day I’ve got a torn rotator cuff. Something I did 5-6 years ago but never treated until recently. No chest/shoulders for me and no vertical pulling. Just gonna hammer legs and back 3x per week with sprint work two other days. I wanna be thicc af. 

• Thanks 1

On 2018-11-02 at 3:33 PM, Sean Monahan said:

IIRC you’re at least an intermediate lifter so in two months I’d be surprised if you put on more than 1.5 pounds of actual LBM. If you keep it a truly lean bulk you should just extend the window.

I found out the other day I’ve got a torn rotator cuff. Something I did 5-6 years ago but never treated until recently. No chest/shoulders for me and no vertical pulling. Just gonna hammer legs and back 3x per week with sprint work two other days. I wanna be thicc af. 

You’re probably right about the bulk, had another friend basically say the same. I’ll see how it how goes, if I need to extend it I will. Mainly just want to bring up some weak points. 

Hope you recover strong from that injury. It took me a while to regain confidence with my shoulder, after suffering the same injury. Take the time to make sure you recover fully and ease back into it by starting light. Every now and then I feel a bit of soreness or irritation, I step off the gas peddle. 

Well I exceeded my weight loss goal!  Down 50lbs this morning from when I started in April.  My goal was to drop 35-40 and float around there but have sort of just kept shedding the weight with my diet.  Now I just need to get to the gym.  Between an ankle injury in the summer, spraining my MCL and currently on 6 weeks with it still hurting, and being sick a couple times now, I just have not had a chance to get to the gym at all for a couple months now and I really want to get into a routine again.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 02/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, Sean Monahan said:

A torn rotator cuff 5 years ago left untreated should've healed itself, as it was a minor tear (assuming, because if it was anything serious or a full tear you would've known right away when you couldn't lift your arm).

However, the position of your whole shoulder girdle is probably altered now. 

I'm assuming there's a ton of scar tissue they want to break up with shockwave?