The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Is six pack shortcuts on YouTube legit look pretty good but some say it a scam but whenever I do the guys workouts they are the best more intense and shortest workouts I ever do

I was also wondering if anyone knows a good intense bodyweight excercise routine

Edited by Cucumber

I had similar schedule a month ago and I also used to get exhausted after 2PM. I changed my schedule. Sometimes, your body is not meant to take so much pressure and you end up being low in energy. I recommend you drink chicken soup and eat white part of eggs everyday. That may give you some more boost to go along a little longer.

I workout at 6-7:30pm now, which works alright for now, but I'm not sure how it will work out once school becomes more difficult.

I eat egg whites everyday with my green shake along with fish oil, goji berries, hemp/chia/flaxseeds, fruits, and kale. Gives me alot of energy

I feel incline more on my outer/mid chest, I'm thinking because my shoulders do a lot of the work, so inclines not very effective for me.

The pectoralis minor (upper chest) is hard to isolate because of how it ties into the shoulder girdle. Trust me, get your incline bench up and your upper chest will get bigger because it will have to.

Is six pack shortcuts on YouTube legit look pretty good but some say it a scam but whenever I do the guys workouts they are the best more intense and shortest workouts I ever do

I was also wondering if anyone knows a good intense bodyweight excercise routine

There are no shortcuts to six-pack abs...unless you consider hard ass work and a calculated diet shortcuts.

Also, let's see what CT Fletcher has to say about this kind of thing (NSFW language):

There are no shortcuts to six-pack abs...unless you consider hard ass work and a calculated diet shortcuts.

Also, let's see what CT Fletcher has to say about this kind of thing (NSFW language):

Thx any one know a good bodyweight excercise program proberly something advance

lol. It's stupid how certain chairs can help your lift over others..

One chair I used I couldn't get any sort of angle (sitting straight up) on the shoulder press and had to drop 10lbs per db. The other chair I'm able to arch my back a bit and able to do that extra 10.

Arched back sometimes brings your upper chest into it, which makes you be able to put up more weight.. I always prefer to sit straight up for shoulder press

lol. It's stupid how certain chairs can help your lift over others..

One chair I used I couldn't get any sort of angle (sitting straight up) on the shoulder press and had to drop 10lbs per db. The other chair I'm able to arch my back a bit and able to do that extra 10.

Yikes man, I know what you are talking about, nearly snapped my shoulder doing the same weight on a chair where I couldn't arch my back.

Honestly the chairs that don't allow you to arch are better for shoulder exercises, allowing you to isolate the shoulders more, and cheat less, but I had no idea the chair was different!

Arched back sometimes brings your upper chest into it, which makes you be able to put up more weight.. I always prefer to sit straight up for shoulder press

Yeah, maybe, but I think that's the norm. Just like having some lean back in a lat pull down. If the pros do it, I'm going to do it. Sitting perfectly straight up is retarded.

Well, I think my days in the gym are done.

For over a couple years I have had recurring lower back problems and I think it has something to do with my alignment which probably needs some extensive Chiro (Which I don't have the money to pay for right now).

Went to the gym today to do squats, my back was super sore but figured maybe I could just stretch it out or fight through it, I couldn't even bend down to tie up my shoes it hurt so bad.

Might just be doing my workouts in a pool from now on. This is so frustrating, my body is falling apart.

For over a couple years I have had recurring lower back problems and I think it has something to do with my alignment which probably needs some extensive Chiro (Which I don't have the money to pay for right now).

Went to the gym today to do squats, my back was super sore but figured maybe I could just stretch it out or fight through it, I couldn't even bend down to tie up my shoes it hurt so bad.

Might just be doing my workouts in a pool from now on. This is so frustrating, my body is falling apart.

i feel your pain :(

I have two herniated discs.

Try hot yoga. If you can't afford to do that, look into DDP yoga.Which you can do at home. Heard great things about it.

Edited by themcdeal

Come on man, if your back is sore, and you know you have problems with your back, why push it? Squats hit your lower back as well. If something hurts, let it get better, take time off, or workout something else that does not require that body part at all.

Completely throw squats out of your workouts and save your back, you can replace it with the leg press and other machines that wont use your back at all, or not as much.

If you feel anything in your back, dont think "oh just push through it" just stop, because if you screw it up any more, you'll be paying for the rest of your life.

Anyways get some rest for a week or two, if you do go back to the gym, forget the deadlifts and squats.

Edited by PlayStation

Come on man, if your back is sore, and you know you have problems with your back, why push it? Squats hit your lower back as well. If something hurts, let it get better, take time off, or workout something else that does not require that body part at all.

Completely throw squats out of your workouts and save your back, you can replace it with the leg press and other machines that wont use your back at all, or not as much.

If you feel anything in your back, dont think "oh just push through it" just stop, because if you screw it up any more, you'll be paying for the rest of your life.

Anyways get some rest for a week or two, if you do go back to the gym, forget the deadlifts and squats.

I can still do a couple main lifts, I'm just pissed that I can't do squats or deadlifts.

I'll feel like a total curl bro...I'm going to get back in to the gym today and try and do yesterdays workout with today, but just do heavy leg press instead of squats.

I was just pissed last night. I have never had this many set backs in a cut and getting frustrated with results, or lack thereof.

Watch some Furious pete videos, he's had back problems for the past 10 years. He posts a lot of work outs on his second channel called Furious talks.

Edit: I just read a couple more of your posts.

He as well is on a cutting phase, I've watched a couple of his leg day videos. He uses the leg press and standing barbell calf raise mainly I've noticed.

They're ways to work around a bad back, and he's a perfect example of it.

I really recomend giving a watch, if anything his main account is just hilarious.

Edited by Kent.S

Watch some Furious pete videos, he's had back problems for the past 10 years. He posts a lot of work outs on his second channel called Furious talks.

Edit: I just read a couple more of your posts.

He as well is on a cutting phase, I've watched a couple of his leg day videos. He uses the leg press and standing barbell calf raise mainly I've noticed.

They're ways to work around a bad back, and he's a perfect example of it.

I really recomend giving a watch, if anything his main account is just hilarious.

Nice, I've definitely heard the name.

Is he also the guy who will eat/drink anything on his channel? Always looking for good channels to subscribe to on YouTube.

Nice, I've definitely heard the name.

Is he also the guy who will eat/drink anything on his channel? Always looking for good channels to subscribe to on YouTube.

Kind of, he more just does challenges like 150 warheads, he also does world records and holds a lot of them. For fastest/most eating lol.

He's huge, and sponsered for bodybuilding.com

• 2 weeks later...

To give this thread some life again, what is everyone's goals? Short term or long.

I really don't know if I should bulk, or maintain my current body fat etc. and just add muscle. (I know you will gain some fat, but I mean gaining as little fat as possible while adding muscle, and keeping 5-10 minutes of cardio to keep that fat off)

Anyways I hope to add 5-10 pounds of muscle say in a years time? I'm sure I can do that since I did 10-15 in my first year.

Also as far as abs... I have no idea what to do, my stomach is flat, but if I decide to go all in with abs, I'd really need to keep a strict diet or your abs will just have a layer of fat over top of it and it'll look odd with a shirt on. And well, strict diet? Yeah that's not really me. I have great metabolism so I am able to eat a bit of junk food throughout the week and not see fat gains, but I don't know about starting abs, advice?

To give this thread some life again, what is everyone's goals? Short term or long.

I really don't know if I should bulk, or maintain my current body fat etc. and just add muscle. (I know you will gain some fat, but I mean gaining as little fat as possible while adding muscle, and keeping 5-10 minutes of cardio to keep that fat off)

Anyways I hope to add 5-10 pounds of muscle say in a years time? I'm sure I can do that since I did 10-15 in my first year.

Also as far as abs... I have no idea what to do, my stomach is flat, but if I decide to go all in with abs, I'd really need to keep a strict diet or your abs will just have a layer of fat over top of it and it'll look odd with a shirt on. And well, strict diet? Yeah that's not really me. I have great metabolism so I am able to eat a bit of junk food throughout the week and not see fat gains, but I don't know about starting abs, advice?

Goals are listed in order of importance:

(1) Squat 405x1. As it stands, I'm probably 8-12 weeks away from this depending on if I need to take a deload AND reset my weights, or if a simple reset of my volume day weights to ~85% of my intensity day weights will be sufficient to allow me to keep chugging along with increasing my 5RM squat (currently at 320).

(2) get to 205lb bodyweight to help facilitate goal #1.

(3) successfully cut to less than 10% bodyfat without doing hours of cardio or cutting carbs completely out. I know this is possible and realistically, I won't get started on a cut until March because I want to get to "not fracking around" levels of squat strength, something that is hard to do while eating at a deficit.