The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Ya, i've known a few guys who did Keto and they were absolutely miserable on it.

I'd rather just do the same thing with a normal restricted calorie diet.

Anybody ever do any MMA or Kickboxing? I did some MMA when I was in Afghanistan but could only do a couple of classes due to my job. I HATE going for runs so I figured maybe I would do cardio that way....and who knows, maybe get an amateur fight or two down the road if I get skilled enough in it.

Did kickboxing for years and bjj for a year and a half

Talent level is pretty bad in the amateur scene here. Im sure if you're already atheltic and do a year and half of training you could hold your own against some guys.

That's awesome.

I hit 310x5 today. Mind you, I'm 6' 1" 195 with super long femurs (aka sh!t squat proportions).

Good job dude. Ya I'm short so it doesn't take long for me to get back up. But ya it felt like I was movng mountains.

Gotta give it up to my spotter, please lets all bow and give a moment of respect to the spotter. We are nothing without them!

Edited by Gustavo Fring

Did kickboxing for years and bjj for a year and a half

Talent level is pretty bad in the amateur scene here. Im sure if you're already atheltic and do a year and half of training you could hold your own against some guys.

The gym here seems pretty solid, they have posters all over the basement of local guys who have headlined what looked like to be some good shows (Battlefield Fight League...Seems better than most smaller promotions) They also have a couple guys with championship belts. I went in yesterday for an All Levels strength and conditioning and it was really tough work, but lots of fun. I think I will do that twice a week and then get into BJJ/Kick Boxing and just hone my skills.

You all inspire me. Just did 12 push ups, 15 sit ups and 15 jumping jacks. It's a start.

Amen.

I remember reading that's what Herschel Walker did as a kid. Started off by doing 100 push ups 100 sit ups a day. Then eventually worked up to something ridiculous like 10,000 of each per day. He was too poor for a gym membership so he turned himself into a machine while working out at home. (This info could all be wrong, read something about this back in 2009 but don't remember exact details lol)

My left bicep is more noticeable than my right bicep. Why? I lift the same amount with the same amount of reps...

and you can't say that my left arm is my dominant side because I'm right handed and my left wrist is weak from a past injury...

Perhaps because originally your right arm was stronger and bigger, but when you started doing curls or etc, your right arm was getting the job done relatively easily, but your left was using a lot more to lift the same weight as the right, so over time its gotten to the point where you are.

Personally my right bicep is a tad bigger, less of a difference now. Don't worry, you'll even out (never completely, there will always be a little difference, but that's normal).

My left bicep is more noticeable than my right bicep. Why? I lift the same amount with the same amount of reps...

and you can't say that my left arm is my dominant side because I'm right handed and my left wrist is weak from a past injury...

Err..

choke-the-chicken.jpg

Edited by Likewise
  • Upvote 1

Anyone have a muscle mass gainer that you'd recommend?

I would go the home made route. It's healthier and way better tasting. Just type in homemade weight gainer in Google and there are tons of simple recipes. I make my own and it's helped me gain in the last few months.

Ok, ill continue to eat fish, chicken and meat. Along with vegetables, I eat quite healthy with a balanced diet.

It's just extra calories. Nothing special about it. Mine is 300-600 per serving or two. Or think of it this way: two huge slabs of white fish and a cup of oats minimum which is what I eat a lot of already. That's a lot of food and an even bigger bill over time. It's easier just to use a weight gainer there.

Im reading back and I think everyone misunderstood what I meant, or I explained it wrong. But I'm not talking about those pre made drinks or shakes, I'm simply talking about whey protein, isoflex, or creatine. Which one of those would you guys recommend?

Um. Mass Fusion I think I use. It works well. Less sugar than Mutant Mass but it's the exact same thing otherwise. Way better than Whey for a couple reasons.. because Whey you can get those big containers that cost you $40 and are gone in a month. Mass Fusion lasts you several months, gives you those extra calories as well, and is about $75.

15lb MF bag vs a 3lb container of Whey.. or however much it weighs. It's not even close. The choice and better deal is obvious here..

Edited by Tortorella's Rant