The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Happened With The Psychiatrist the Canucks Hired?

TheRussianRocket.

Hey there, just decided to make this thread to get away from the all the other threads to hopefully make for a decent discussion. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the psychiatrist the team hired after the game 7 finals loss to Boston?

I'm pretty sure the team bought in this topnotch psychiatrist from Europe to help relieve the players (the obvious dispair, sorrow, envy, and tons of other depressants they were feeling) mental stability from the heart breaking loss and that it backfired. I heard not too long ago that instead of bringing the players together, this psychiatrist actually ended up breaking apart the team and isolating them from other teammates and it resulted in him getting fired.

I'm not sure if this is completely accurate or reliable, but it's why I'm making this thread to discuss. My friend told me about this not too long ago and he said that psychiatrist is suing the Canucks for some reason too. Just wondering if anyone knows about this, if they could help clear what happened. I'm curious of this because I think this psychiatrist situation is playing/has played a factor in the teams recent playoff struggles since the finals loss. I just can't wrap my head around how our team does so well in the regular season and come playoffs now, they just don't produce. I've jumped to conclude it's a psychological thing - a mental problem - and that it is what has caused the team to struggle and its the only logical explanation I can come up with.

So yea, if anyone knows something about this psychiatrist-Canucks problem, please discuss and clear up what happened. Links would be appreciated if you have any to support your say. And also, go Canucks go! Still want to see this team succeed :)

I read an article over a month ago now about the sports psych we lured away from a soccer club overseas.

He was the founder of some institute and then we wanted him to make one here.

But after 6 months the canucks canned him and didn't pay him what they inticed him with to get him here.

Now he's sueing for wage loss.

What happened behind the scenes I'm curious.

Turning players on each other? I don't know.

To me the team just looks like they don't believe in the system anymore, they've lost playing the same way half a dozen series now.

Other than a few guys who want it so bad they are sticking with it, most guys aren't.

As much as I like Higgins, he seems like one of the ones who has checked out. Shouldn't have re-signed.

I'm pretty sure the team bought in this topnotch psychiatrist from Europe to help relieve the players (the obvious dispair, sorrow, envy, and tons of other depressants they were feeling) mental stability from the heart breaking loss and that it backfired. I heard not too long ago that instead of bringing the players together, this psychiatrist actually ended up breaking apart the team and isolating them from other teammates and it resulted in him getting fired.

Archived