The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12pm Press Conference on Thursday

kirkmclean1994

I posted it because Gillis SAID, we don't have the "luxury" (his words) of first round picks playing for us.

Maybe we would if Gillis didn't trade Grabner (1st rounder) and a 1st rounder for Ballard.

Maybe if he drafted someone more effective instead of the midget Schroeder.

To make matters worse, our only two young/prospect Dmen are relatively small, and soft. Tanev and Corrado.

So in a nutshell...

• It was the most challenging year of his tenure.

• We were leading late in two of the games in this series and missed a net and let in a late goal otherwise we'd be playing tonight.

• We were evenly matched with the Sharks.

• Lot's of injuries to deal with.

What I didn't hear was we had fewer scoring chances in 4 games than the Sharks had in 1. That we only showed up and played desperate and aggressive hockey for 3 periods over 4 games. That our top players played like crap in the playoffs...again. That the way the team has bowed out meekly the last two playoffs is unacceptable and changes will be made to ensure players understand that the only thing that matters is winning the damn Cup. Not that we played well and had our chances or events conspired against us. I'm just sick of that BS.

Looks like it will be more of the same folks.

Cody was out playing Kesler anyways, he had a right to be upset, plus to find out Kesler was just playing injured the whole time too, nice slap in the face. Oh and then you win rookie of the month and your coach demotes you to the 4th line nice job their AV. So your saying a 22 year old should be carrying a whole team? Yikes.

Nobody addressed the D on the PP that sucked tremendously.No offensive D man that weakens the PP to near irrelevance.

Tanev and Corrado are not goal scorers despite being excellent positional D men.

I don't care for Gillis' demeanour much but the man was upfront and professional and took all the silly questions with calm and dare I say, grace.

So in a nutshell...

• It was the most challenging year of his tenure.

• We were leading late in two of the games in this series and missed a net and let in a late goal otherwise we'd be playing tonight.

• We were evenly matched with the Sharks.

• Lot's of injuries to deal with.

What I didn't hear was we had fewer scoring chances in 4 games than the Sharks had in 1. That we only showed up and played desperate and aggressive hockey for 3 periods over 4 games. That our top players played like crap in the playoffs...again. That the way the team has bowed out meekly the last two playoffs is unacceptable and changes will be made to ensure players understand that the only thing that matters is winning the damn Cup. Not that we played well and had our chances or events conspired against us. I'm just sick of that BS.

Looks like it will be more of the same folks.

Has Gillis ever confirmed that roster lineup decisions are left up to AV or is it a joint collaboration?

Hard to blame Schneids playing just on AV as MG might have some input

I don't know if its ever been confirmed if all the lineup decisions were made by AV. if MG has involvement (Ballard and Schroeder not playing, musical chair line ups, etc) MG is just as much to blame as AV

I wont argue your size points, as that seems valid to me too, but on ballard, your mad now that Gillis didn't have a crystal ball...

Because when he got ballard, a former 11th overall first round pick by the way, ballard had not missed a game in 3 seasons, was plus 14 and with around 63 points in total during those three season while averaging 22+ minutes a game on a more or less crappy team.

WHy wouldn't you trade a prospect and a pick for him back then?

He mentioned that at least 2 or 3 times throughout the conference...

What did the team look like the season before Gillis came and what did it look like after that season?

I don't really recall any MAJOR resetting when Gillis came here other than signing Sundin?

He mentioned that at least 2 or 3 times throughout the conference...

What did the team look like the season before Gillis came and what did it look like after that season?

I don't really recall any MAJOR resetting when Gillis came here other than signing Sundin?

Archived