The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12pm Press Conference on Thursday

kirkmclean1994

I came in here with some super-absorbant paper towel to mop up the tears .. what in Gawds name do you expect MG to say? .. he is a Manager managing a huge corporate entity .. the complexities are beyond the normal ken .. including you, Bodee, when you wake up .. :towel:

I posted it because Gillis SAID, we don't have the "luxury" (his words) of first round picks playing for us.

Maybe we would if Gillis didn't trade Grabner (1st rounder) and a 1st rounder for Ballard.

Maybe if he drafted someone more effective instead of the midget Schroeder.

To make matters worse, our only two young/prospect Dmen are relatively small, and soft. Tanev and Corrado.

? how?

I should say that was rhetorical, no need to answer.

Cody at 22 years old and after a back back issue in the preceeding two years decided that he didn't want to wait behind Kesler and Hank until he was 24 for his rightful shot at the top six job while he worked at perfecting his two way game. So Cody top lined a team to a finish that didn't even include 4 playoff games.

I posted it because Gillis SAID, we don't have the "luxury" (his words) of first round picks playing for us.

Maybe we would if Gillis didn't trade Grabner (1st rounder) and a 1st rounder for Ballard.

Maybe if he drafted someone more effective instead of the midget Schroeder.

To make matters worse, our only two young/prospect Dmen are relatively small, and soft. Tanev and Corrado.

Has Gillis ever confirmed that roster lineup decisions are left up to AV or is it a joint collaboration?

Hard to blame Schneids playing just on AV as MG might have some input

I don't know if its ever been confirmed if all the lineup decisions were made by AV. if MG has involvement (Ballard and Schroeder not playing, musical chair line ups, etc) MG is just as much to blame as AV

Archived