The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12pm Press Conference on Thursday

kirkmclean1994

Honestly for people who said AV should be fired right now, really? I do not see a better coach out there that can replace him. Lindy Ruff is at best the same level as AV if not worst if you look at his resume. What does Lindy Ruff has that AV doesn't. I am not saying AV should stay but until we can find a better coach I seem no need to fire AV. Now as for MG, well that's the owner's decision but I believe there are better GM option out there.

Honestly for people who said AV should be fired right now, really? I do not see a better coach out there that can replace him. Lindy Ruff is at best the same level as AV if not worst if you look at his resume. What does Lindy Ruff has that AV doesn't. I am not saying AV should stay but until we can find a better coach I seem no need to fire AV. Now as for MG, well that's the owner's decision but I believe there are better GM option out there.

Maybe they are announcing a golf tourney?

182339_10152830663645525_1415349618_n.jpg

Yes - my friends splattered that on my fb, it's okay, I can take the lumps...I just replied that it should be a broom as all the tee times were all booked up by the Alberta teams a long time ago!

Won't be surprised when Gillis says "we'll take time to evaluate this and make our decisions in the coming weeks". Gillis is known not to be reactionary. If AV gets canned tomorrow my guess would be it came from above Gillis in the threat of "either you fire him or you can look for work elsewhere"

wallstreetamigo. If players can't use the motivation of "winning the Stanley Cup" to drive their play every year, if they can't use the motivation of their paycheck to put in a good performance. If they can't use the fear of angry fans to motivate themselves out of a slump. They shouldn't be playing hockey at this level.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about when last year's season-ending presser happened, who was there, etc. Here is the video if you want to see for yourself and what MG said. Happened on April 24, 2012, two days after we were eliminated, just like this year.

When asked last year about the future of AV, Gillis said, and I quote:

"My future will be discussed first. I'm the President of this team and the General Manager. It's my responsibility what happens on this team, so before we get to anyone else, we're going to discuss my role, and how I've done, and then we'll move onto every element of the organization like we do every year, and, it's not going to change. Everyone will be evaluated for what they've done and how they've performed, and we'll make decisions after that."

(question indicated Gillis would be meeting with ownership the following week, so maybe this year will be the same.)

I've always wondered why don't the Aquilinis throw money at this Reffing situation and have Gillis call a press conference after every BS call and take the fine from the league. At least they get their voices heard across the league (at a handsome premium)

Archived