The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

What are you even arguing? Do you even know?

So you think Mike Smith's stats have NOTHING to do with the style of play his TEAM plays? You just fricken' said that it was due to Tippett's TRAP style that made Bryzgalov successful and guess what, he plays Coyotes play the exact same style with Smith. But i guess it was still just all Mike Smith that brought them to the ECF? Trap benefits Bryzgalov but definitely not Smith.. Nonono, the logic would be too obvious.

God damn you love contradicting yourself.

Do yourself a favor and don't hurt yourself.

Clearly thinking is not your thing. ;)

Bryzgalov had average numbers with a trap system. Smith had stellar numbers with the same system. Therefore goaltending was the difference.

Bryzgalov with any system wasn't good enough. Smith is what put them over the top. Anyone who watched the Coyotes run knows that he was the number 1 reason they made it to the third round.

So really any coach can look average with an average goaltender like Bryzgalov or Joseph.

I would honestly take Gretzky over Tortorella or Ruff. At least he could earn the respect of the room.

I'm pretty sure Ruff is pretty well respected around the league, why do you think Team Canada keeps on asking him to coach the team?

The Griffins won their game tonight and have a 3-0 series lead. Shouldn't be long until Blashill is available.

We could do alot worse than Ruff and Blashill I suppose.

Ruff and Blashill would be my top 2 choices for head coach and Gulutzan a close 3rd. either one of them 3 would be a good choice

Do yourself a favor and don't hurt yourself.

Clearly thinking is not your thing. ;)

Bryzgalov had average numbers with a trap system. Smith had stellar numbers with the same system. Therefore goaltending was the difference.

Bryzgalov with any system wasn't good enough. Smith is what put them over the top. Anyone who watched the Coyotes run knows that he was the number 1 reason they made it to the third round.

So realy any coach can look average with an average goaltender.

.921, .906, .920, .921 are average numbers??????????????????????????????????????????????

He had 3 seasons where he had better stats than Lundqvist for crying out loud..

And clearly thinking? You said Mackinnon will be the next Crosby LOL

I'm pretty sure Ruff is pretty well respected around the league, why do you think Team Canada keeps on asking him to coach the team?

Yea, hopefully he could. He definitely has the years to back it up.

I've just heard things about him being a bit of a head case, and using the dog house method.

Maybe this team needs that though.

.921, .906, .920, .921 are average numbers??????????????????????????????????????????????

He had 3 seasons where he had better stats than Lundqvist for crying out loud..

And clearly thinking? You said Mackinnon will be the next Crosby LOL

2.42, 2.98, 2.48....

Those are average numbers.

Maybe you should take a look at his playoff numbers and get back to me.

And one topic at a time. You seem to like to get off track quite bit. Try not to get confused. :lol:

I think Torts is the perfect fit short term as long as MG adds some key guys because Torts will fire the guys up and if the talent all comes together, look out..... Long term is another thing but in the short term i think he gives the canucks the best chance to get back.

2-3 yrs deal for Torts. He has a much shorter shelf live.

That would be Team Canada for the WC right? That's when the good NHL coaches are in the SC playoffs.

As I've said before, Ruff's record is almost identical to Av's. Read the Buffalo boards before he was fired. The fans were saying the same things about Ruff as Canuck fans were saying about AV. If you didn't like how AV coached the team, you won't like Ruff either.

That would be Team Canada for the WC right? That's when the good NHL coaches are in the SC playoffs.

As I've said before, Ruff's record is almost identical to Av's. Read the Buffalo boards before he was fired. The fans were saying the same things about Ruff as Canuck fans were saying about AV. If you didn't like how AV coached the team, you won't like Ruff either.

He was an assistant to Babcock in 2010.

So that does say something.

2.42, 2.98, 2.48....

Those are average numbers.

Maybe you should take a look at his playoff numbers and get back to me.

And one topic at a time. You seem to like to get off track quite bit. Try not to get confused. :lol:

If you know anything about goalie statistics, GAA is the most useless stat in the book regarding goalie performance :picard:

It's the +/- for goalies.. Have you never played Fantasy Hockey? Save percentage is probably the most important stat and GAA is probably last or near the bottom... I'm going to assume you didn't know this?

I'm sure you would see the same thing about any coach that had a losing record.

What do you think Flames fans would have said about Daryl Sutter after he left the Flames? Probably something similar.

I give Ruff a bit more credit because Buffalo has been a bit of a mess. In the past they were financially strapped, and more recently they have a GM handing out stupid contracts. He did the best he could with what was on paper a pretty average team.

Ruff with Sutter and Blashill is my dream team right now based on who's available. I think Sutter will be motivated to win a cup now that his brother has.

If you know anything about goalie statistics, GAA is the most useless stat in the book regarding goalie performance :picard:

It's the +/- for goalies.. Have you never played Fantasy Hockey? Save percentage is probably the most important stat and GAA is probably last or near the bottom... I'm going to assume you didn't know this?

Lol, why does it not surprise me your knowledge of hockey is based on fantasy hockey. :lol:

Yes GAA is very important. There's a reason why they have an award specifically for goalies who have the lowest goals against.

The most important stat is actually wins and losses, followed by GAA. Having a high SV% is not as important as you think. If a goalie faces more shots a game, they're going to have a higher SV%, and vice versa.

A goalie will always focus on how many he let in over what percentage he saved. That's why shutouts are so important to goalies. ;)

If that questionable source is somehow true, I'm not sure how I feel.

On the one hand I think that short term (like 1 season) Torterella may have a positive effect. But as a long term solution he may start to alienate our players once he gets to know them.

A tamer Tortorella to start could be a good thing. But if he comes in here acting like he did in New York, I think we might as well blow up the team now, cause it won't go well IMO.

If that questionable source is somehow true, I'm not sure how I feel.

On the one hand I think that short term (like 1 season) Torterella may have a positive effect. But as a long term solution he may start to alienate our players once he gets to know them.

A tamer Tortorella to start could be a good thing. But if he comes in here acting like he did in New York, I think we might as well blow up the team now, cause it won't go well IMO.

2-3 yr contact. He will have a much shorter shelf life. If indeed it's true.

Archived