The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tired of losing....get Mackinnon & Drouin, *No Matter The Cost*

so in this scenario, seth jones goes to colorado? is that what you are implying? because they would be foolish to not take Mackinnon.

i'd still rather rebuild now and get McDavid in 2015.

edit: updated that last line, i was still groggy and without coffee.

As mention before, Tampa doesn't need a goalie. Bishop, Lindback, & Vasilevski. On top of that, you may have looked at canucks cap but you forgot to look at tampa's They already have 60 million committed to the cap and only have 17 players under contract. On top of that they would never trade their 3rd overall who is projected to be Drouin, as he will be Martin St.Louis replacement. Tampa is way better off NOT to make this trade.

I agree. This is truly resetting as Gillis said and taking a different direction. These are the type of big moves I want but Gillis is afraid to do. So all he does is sign plugs like Sestito.

And just wondering, does anyone know what salary cap prospects will have if their drafted top 5? I know from previous years it's $3.775 mill or below, but since a new CBA and all was made, has that changed? Someone posted before that is going to be $925 - is there any truth to that?

Archived