The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks try to get into top 4 draft pick.

Plum

hey all,

It's 2 am in the east and I was just texted by an Extremely reliable source.

"you can almost hang your hat on this one, the Canucks look to be the team that will kickstart the trading season and the deal could happen much sooner than anyone is expecting," the source continued, "while they are closing in on their coach they are also working like crazy to move into the top four at the draft..in fact they are supposably mulling over a major offer as we speak.."

The source wouldn't give me any further details at this point, but I don't believe Vancouver is the only team who may look to get out front of what may be a chaotic trade landscape two weeks from now...

More in the morning...

If this is true I will be truly shocked and I pray it is a move that truly benefits our club, will be interesting though.

And is he saying this trade ill happen while the playoffs are still happening? :huh:

If this is true I will be truly shocked and I pray it is a move that truly benefits our club, will be interesting though.

And is he saying this trade ill happen while the playoffs are still happening? :huh:

Man. Imagine if MG just went B(iz)urke .... tried to get both Tampa's & Florida's 1st round pick by packaging something nuts? Throw in a couple nice Sockeye Salmons ...

Will fans cheer him or boo him by making such big moves?

Just had a discussion with a friend who is somewhat in the know. He texted me saying holy sh** Eklund was right about something. Asked him what and he specifically referred to this.

Not saying the rumor is 100% true but where there is smoke there sometimes tends to be a fire.

Keslers Value is undoubtedly high right now and if we did move him, maybe our management has an inside scoop on his health situation that the public arent aware of.

I love Kes and if we trade him we better damn sure get something great in return, plus we would now have 3 vacant C positions that need filling lol

sedins and bobby luo for stasny and 1st overall would clear 9mill with mckinnon locked up 3yrs on a elc

draft mckinnon

edler for couturier 2nd rounder, read

burrows kesler mckinnon

hansen stasny kassian

higgins couturier read

lain gaunce sestito

brings in more canadian grit and heart stasny can be a top ten scoring center and needs a fresh start patrick roy gets a top goalie and sedins would take avs to the playoffs

Archived