The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vincent Lecavalier to be bought out

Us buying out someone else's bad contract, ultimately is a complete joke.

The Aquilinis will trade Schneider and keep Luongo long before they would seriously consider dealing with other people's bad contracts.

And if Tampa buys out Lecavalier, there will be lots of contract offers from around the league. His service will get bid up to around 4 to 5 million per.

Sundin : East, West, doesn't matter you don't refuse the money he got from us.

Bourque : Traded wasn't signed UFA

Koivu : Signed to play with Selanne, otherwise it would have been Minny with his brother.

Heatley : Traded, refused to play for EDM.

He would be a great fit in Vancouver if he could be persuaded to come here and take a little less to make it work with the cap.

Ballard has zero trade value as of now. So he needs to be bought out.

Booth still has some value and could be traded.

I wonder if a Luongo for Lecavalier deal could finally be done.

Yzerman seems to want to cheap out on the goal tending and doesn't want to invest in a big contract.

But could he get rid of a bad Lecavalier contract for a slightly less bad deal in Luongo's?

He'd be a fantastic fit here in Vancouver on two year deal paying him $4,500,000 per season. Anything more than that would put our team in an unsustainable position financially.

If Keith Ballard gets bought out, I don't see an Edler trade as an option anymore. Assuming we find our taker for Luongo, amnesty Ballard, we'll have around $5 Mill after a Vinny signing for a #5 D, #4 C, #4 LW and #2 G

For a team like our searching for depth, I don't think that's a move that works out. Meanwhile, I see a team like Toronto giving Lecavalier a blank cheque on a three year deal to go play for them. He's a great financial fit here but without taking a big haircut I don't see it being a great move.

A 6'4, 210 pound center who has PPG potential still and has an extra gear in the playoffs?

Can't think of a better fit... I seriously doubt he gets bought out, but his last 'big' season did come with Torts. Maybe he'd be willing to sign a 1 year deal to bounce back and then go cash in on a long-term contract in MTL as it seems he's always wanted.

Archived