The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Greed

CanucksJay

Although I agree ticket prices are out of wack, but Aqulini did give the "OK" for the massive Sundin contract offer and the giant Luongo contract. Canucks have had one of the highest payrolls since he has entered the league. We've always been really close to the cam limit.

I dont see how tickets are expensive.. $100 is nothing for a ticket when most of us are making big bucks working and living in Vancouver.. This is an elite city where most people are millionaires and having residual income coming in from investments, property values, inheritance, over-seas, self-businesses, IT start-ups etc..

Vancouver has one of the highest concentrations of wealth in the world so $100 a ticket is chump change, why all the complaining?

Although I agree ticket prices are out of wack, but Aqulini did give the "OK" for the massive Sundin contract offer and the giant Luongo contract. Canucks have had one of the highest payrolls since he has entered the league. We've always been really close to the cam limit.

I dont see how tickets are expensive.. $100 is nothing for a ticket when most of us are making big bucks working and living in Vancouver.. This is an elite city where most people are millionaires and having residual income coming in from investments, property values, inheritance, over-seas, self-businesses, IT start-ups etc..

Vancouver has one of the highest concentrations of wealth in the world so $100 a ticket is chump change, why all the complaining?

If you live in a home worth $1m you are a millionare, as you can re-finance your house and obtain a free loan essentially or obtain a secure-line of credit to fund an almost unimaginative life syle.

That is what I did, I am 29 me and my friends did a small IT start up that we grew and sold off in 2004 for a large chunk of change that we re-invested into real estate and cash funds.

Now I live off the modest interest of 5.5% that guarantees me 6 figures the rest of my life, which I spend on entertaining women with fancy dinners in Vancouver, endless drinks in clubs, limos and Canuck games. Canuck games are of particular importance to many people as it is a display of power and grace to be able to buy tickets for a girl and all her friends, have them drinking all night long and take them for after drinks after word as well..

I am just a drop in a bucket of countless others who are rich and loving it in Vancouver, we are keeping this city and Canucks afloat so a thread like this makes me laugh.

If you live in a home worth $1m you are a millionare, as you can re-finance your house and obtain a free loan essentially or obtain a secure-line of credit to fund an almost unimaginative life syle.

That is what I did, I am 29 me and my friends did a small IT start up that we grew and sold off in 2004 for a large chunk of change that we re-invested into real estate and cash funds.

Now I live off the modest interest of 5.5% that guarantees me 6 figures the rest of my life, which I spend on entertaining women with fancy dinners in Vancouver, endless drinks in clubs, limos and Canuck games. Canuck games are of particular importance to many people as it is a display of power and grace to be able to buy tickets for a girl and all her friends, have them drinking all night long and take them for after drinks after word as well..

I am just a drop in a bucket of countless others who are rich and loving it in Vancouver, we are keeping this city and Canucks afloat so a thread like this makes me laugh.

What are u talking about.

I understand the game and the business.

The decisions being made are solely business decisions which dont improve the team

I'll cheer for the Canucks, I just wont spend money on them anymore.

... I don't understand this response... You implied in your post: "He's a billionaire for a reason" that he was a billionaire because of his business savvy and that he built his fortune, when in reality he is a billionaire because he was fortunate enough to have a hard working father, Luigi, who completely made the empire that makes him a billionaire.

I never said he wasn't a billionaire, and I didn't imply it either.

I'm happy we are a stable & successful franchise. Thats really one of the most important things at the end of the day.

But I find it ridiculous that we always hear "we are so lucky to have ownership that is committed to winning & will do whatever it takes to win" yet they won't buyout Luongo.

As a fan who can barley afford to go to games (1 or 2 a year max) cause of the ridiculous pricing, its a joke to me that we can't even buyout a player, yet the Islanders and Lightning, exc, can. And we are one of the richest in the league.

I'm just not happy with this ownership.

When they purchased the team, tfirst and foremost, hey said they would do everything possible to win the cup. What they should have said was, the Canucks are a business investment where we will do everything we can to increase revenue.

And yes, I have let my actions do the talking.

I was on the season ticket wait list for many years..

I paid the deposit, and the $50 annual "admin" fee to stay on every year.

I've removed myself from the list and forfeited that money because I don't like what they are doing.

I'm not the only one, I have 2 friends "ice pack holders" who have done the same.

Mark my words, there will be a HUGE movement in the waitlist line this season.

This has been mentioned in other threads as well.

Your playing a dangerous game living off equity in your home, most people that take this rout loose there home. Don't fool yourself into thinking you have money when you don't. People like you are the reason the US housing market crashed and why Vancouver may be next.

Losing ~1.5M in cap space every year for the next 14 years is also not good for a winning formula. It seems small (and will probably become a smaller percentage as the cap rises again), but that is a severe handicap in the future. The best thing is to use Luongo as your goaltender now, as he is good enough to at least be decent. Cut some years off of that contract, and maybe in 2-3 years, someone will finally take him for peanuts without taking any contract back.

The problem was based on two things:

-NHL wanted to punish CBA circumventing contracts, CBA was changed to retroactively punish those contracts (instead of grandfathering the rules).

-Schneider-Luongo Fiasco was allowed to go for 14 months, instead of simply trading last year either Luongo for peanuts, or Schneider for good assets. Waiting is what ruined the whole thing - that's a Gillis mistake.

The problem now is that the wait to trade either goalie may have ruined our relationship with the remaining goaltender (luongo). Otherwise, buying him out was not really a good option for our future. Once they decided to go with Schneider, Gillis should have traded Luongo for peanuts immediately. Last year's mistake will haunt us if Luongo decides to stop playing.

Awesome. Maybe getting you deadbeats out of the seats and move the real fans in, the atmosphere at the games might actually improve.

You ask for this thread (by special request) to be re-opened only to continue lamenting your weak point. How long have you actually been a fan? It doesn't seem like it's been very long because you can't seem to remember how bad it was in the past decades. There was a time when we didn't know how much the players made and no one gave a rat's fanny about the GM or owners or what they were and weren't doing. Now it's become an obsession because fans can't believe the real life teams aren't able to do the same things as you can on your xbox. Keep mashing that force trade button, it'll go through sooner or later.

Deadbeats? Do you even know what that means?

Read my other posts.

Been a fan since the early 90s, Family had season tickets to Canucks and half season tix to Grizzlies.

I think its saying a lot when a fan like me is truly upset at the direction of the team and ownership.

I'm sorry that you had an angry sandwich this morning...

Archived