The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC lineup poll- voting on 1st line RW

Langdon Algur

CDC Line up poll  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Burr gets no respect, shocker. What has Kassian done to be a first line player on any team? Oh, right, forgot, he had a mini run with the Sedins where he scored a few goals. Lets ignore his complete ineptitude in the other two zones, his inability to play consistently even shift to shift and his poor passing.

Yeah, much better to put a kid who couldn't carry his weight on the third and fourth lines with the Sedins than the guy who has scored a ton with them.

With Raymond gone we are missing 3 good players in the top 2 lines.

You don't just insert Jensen, Kassian, Higgins, Booth, Hansen and hope for the best...................that way lies ruination.

It's the reason we do diddly in the playoffs. None of these guys have shown they have what it takes to perform in the regular season never mind the playoffs.

Why some fans give Kass a free pass to the first line, I don' get. So he scores a few goals on a line with the Sedins. Most do. He is nowhere near the player that Burr is (at the moment). The Sedins play better when Burr is in their lineup. Torts may try Kass on that line at some point, but I think it will be short term.

I prefer Kass on the second with Booth and Kes or on the third.

Kassian.. He's big, has good hands and can create space for the twins. Plus he will smash people if they pull a marchand. It's not a free pass to top line like some people have posted. He's gotta get too 6 mins to be effective and his style will mesh better with the sedins then with kesler.

Burrows does not get enough credit for the Sedins' success. He completes that line, he understands what they want to do out there. He adds a terrific defensive element to an offensively-oriented line, he makes them a two-way line whereas with Kass, as much as I love the kid's game, with him on the Sedin line 5-on-5 they are a defensive liability. With Burrows on that line they are a defensive plus. I am for mixing up who is with the Sedins on the powerplay. By all means have Kassian with them on the powerplay, or anyone else that needs a pick-me-up offensively. But 5-on-5 the standard setup should have Burrows on that line, he is the elusive Sedin winger everyone was clamoring for since the days of Trent Klatt. No need to mess it up now!

Archived