The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to get over a horror movie.

zombieksa

I remember I stopped being fearful of the dark, and whatever is around the corner when I started playing Left 4 Dead. Yes, this was just a few years ago, I am a giant wuss. Nothing embiggens the smallest of men like a Horror shoot 'em up, simply catharsis done right

Nah not that one lol, scary movie in its time yes, but I have watched it, enjoyed it, feared it, and erased it. But I think if this thread is turning to pictures now I fear eventually it will be figured out so I don't think I will continue responding as I work in 6 hours and want to get whatever sleep I can in the mean time. To those who truly tried to help. Thank you.

Nah not that one lol, scary movie in its time yes, but I have watched it, enjoyed it, feared it, and erased it. But I think if this thread is turning to pictures now I fear eventually it will be figured out so I don't think I will continue responding as I work in 6 hours and want to get whatever sleep I can in the mean time. To those who truly tried to help. Thank you.

Try watching it during the day when it's really bright and sunny outside with your best friend. Kinda leave it in the back ground as you do other stuff. I honestly believe if you hide away from it, it'll torment you more. But if you put it on and do other stuff while it's still playing kind of in very low volume or even on mute for starters. play some relaxing music while the movie is on. I had something similar happen to me when I watched the Shinning. I was haunted by it. So I tried to make light of it by doing that. Or also laughing at some of the scenes. I tried searching for parodies. Bloopers. deleted scenes. Making of. things like that. The more you expose yourself to the movie and it's images, it'll ultimately desensitize you from the stimuli.

Not being a dick but seriously, 12 years? Either you have some psychologica disorder that's tied into the move somehow or you just need to, no offense, stop being such a pansy.

Find a really close friend who won't tell the world your fear and talk it out with them, or go see a therapist

I went through a horror movie phase when I was like 11 and pretty much destroyed any reaction to fear while watching them. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad but I've never been bothered by recurring nightmares. Sure the odd one I'll have will be pretty creative and nerve racking but its nothing I can't get over. Sorry to hear about your problem but I have to say that if its 12 years, you should see a therapist. Quite obviously it isn't just the picture and cinematography of it that's affecting you, its some message on a deeper level.

Nothing silly about seeing a therapist, it can only do good.

When I watched The Grudge 6 years ago, I was traumatized for 1-2 years. I never watched a horror movie again after that, and I was scared of doing a lot of things alone.

2.5 years later, I decided to face my fear, and watch The Grudge again, but this time, it would be with a friend and I would treat it like a comedy movie.

After that night, I loved horror movies and I watch nothing other than them.

I watched The Devil Inside 2 weeks ago, The Last excorcism and The Last excorcism Part II last week, Devil 3 days ago, Insidious yesterday, and I just returned from The Conjuring.

Try watching it during the day when it's really bright and sunny outside with your best friend. Kinda leave it in the back ground as you do other stuff. I honestly believe if you hide away from it, it'll torment you more. But if you put it on and do other stuff while it's still playing kind of in very low volume or even on mute for starters. play some relaxing music while the movie is on. I had something similar happen to me when I watched the Shinning. I was haunted by it. So I tried to make light of it by doing that. Or also laughing at some of the scenes. I tried searching for parodies. Bloopers. deleted scenes. Making of. things like that. The more you expose yourself to the movie and it's images, it'll ultimately desensitize you from the stimuli.

I've completed my investigation and I have 3 possible movies:

- Ju-on (the original Grudge)

- American Psycho

- It

I don't really have any advice OP, but I learned how to lucid dream and I have maybe one nightmare a year. Maybe watch it during the day with a friend?

Archived