The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to get over a horror movie.

zombieksa

If this person watches other horror flics and isn't affected, then this particular antagonist may be triggering some emotion/reaction from a forgotten memory. Perhaps repressed childhood trauma? Or perhaps a phobia that isn't encountered often. (Eg. Pennywise - Not great a film, It, if you have a Fear of clowns)

Just wondering why one horror film would cause nightmares, but others do not.

I believe that this person should've seen a therapist about this problem YEARS ago. Esp. if it's worth reporting to us.

I don't find any horror movies scary at all. I guess am desensitized to them due to witnessing actual murder scenes and decapitations that happened in real life. Horror movies are now so fake and funny to me that I don't even bother watching them anymore since I don't really get that entertained by them.

I had an idiot uncle take me to see the John Carpenter remake of The Thing in 1982, when I was 5 years old, that scared me pretty badly for years.

Also, Return to Oz, a supposed kids movie of 1985 was kind of creepy as well, there were these things called the Wheelers that gave me nightmares.

Get over your fears and watch it again in daylight and with a friend and if it doesn't work just try to make yourself feel safer at night be it have your light on in your room or locking the door and all the windows and If that doesn't work go to a therapist

I had an idiot uncle take me to see the John Carpenter remake of The Thing in 1982, when I was 5 years old, that scared me pretty badly for years.

Also, Return to Oz, a supposed kids movie of 1985 was kind of creepy as well, there were these things called the Wheelers that gave me nightmares.

Two for me that I watched with my bro when I was 5ish (he's 10years older).

1) Pet Cemetary

2) IT

Stupid older brothers.

Edit: Semetary? Cemetary?

Anyway, that damn little chucky doll still freaks me out.

Archived