The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Olympics] OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA 2014 (everything related here please)

I can see the cameraman now:

"Okay, half of you guys fold your arms and the other half put your hands in your pockets!" "No don't worry about it. The lighting is going to suck, so no-one will be able to see much anyway"....

Amateur photo taken by someone standing around. Terrible photos, but at least we can see the authentic jerseys don't have the tiny 12 maples leaf in the bottom. They are inside on the authentics.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Canada-12803/Jerseys-12744/

lol i'm surprise at the amount of ppl/analyst that thinks Price is going to be the goalie Canada leans on when all said and done.. it's like they are expecting Luongo to choke when it counts.. based on recent years Price is just as prone to meltdowns as Luongo is and based on this year's play alone.. Luongo is the far more consistent goalie and also have the better stats.. so based on what are these ppl going off off to say and think with conviction Price will be the goalie when everything is settle? if recent play is factored in.. it looks more and more like Luongo will get the bulk of the game unless he's bad in the round robins.. Price just come off of a whole bunch of terrible games and then had a shutout against CAROLINA and all of a sudden he's back and playing with confidents..

I'd be okay with Giroux, Staal or Neal, I had the first 2 on my original list, wasn't sure about St. Louis. Neal and Giroux could replace some of Stamkos' goalscoring.

When the team was first announced, I thought that Giroux was the most obvious snub. I really wanted Marty to make the team, based on the play he's put forth the past couple of years, the fact that he was passed over in 2010 and the fact that he'll never get another opportunity. I think there's enough size on the team to allow for a spot for him...

I'm not as big on Staal and/or Neal. They seem to me to be just more of what the team already has in Marleau, Carter and Kunitz. I'd prefer a faster, more dynamic player on the international sized ice.

lol i'm surprise at the amount of ppl/analyst that thinks Price is going to be the goalie Canada leans on when all said and done.. it's like they are expecting Luongo to choke when it counts.. based on recent years Price is just as prone to meltdowns as Luongo is and based on this year's play alone.. Luongo is the far more consistent goalie and also have the better stats.. so based on what are these ppl going off off to say and think with conviction Price will be the goalie when everything is settle? if recent play is factored in.. it looks more and more like Luongo will get the bulk of the game unless he's bad in the round robins.. Price just come off of a whole bunch of terrible games and then had a shutout against CAROLINA and all of a sudden he's back and playing with confidents..

I guess it's just a case of analysts doing what they get paid to do: Analyze and over-analyze.

IMO, both Lou and Price are going to get starts against Austria and Norway. The one who in the opinions of the coaching staff played the best, will get the start against the Finns. I believe the performance of whichever goaltender plays in that game will decide the starter in the medal round.

Eastern Bias

What do you guys got for lines??

Kunitz-Crosby-Stamkos?

Benn-Getzlalf-Perry

Nash-Toews-Sharp

Duchene-Tavares-Carter

Bergeron & Marleau

Keith-Doughty

Hammer-Weber-----> Nashville tandem before Hammer signed with us...

JBou-AlexP

Vlasic & Subban

I don't know if hammer has played well enough recently to be in the top 4.....

Lu

Price

Smith

Stamkos has got to be the one of the most selfish Olympians ever.

Dude, there are a handful of guys who can take his spot and do exactly what he's capable of. But nope, Lil Steven doesn't wanna miss out. Come on. The team will be fine without you. Take one for the team you selfish brat. Sit out. You're not needed.

Archived