The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder’s Contract Status

aGENT

Check again. The salary section includes the signing bonus they have listed, that's why when you add his performance bonus of 125k, it totals $1,025,000 and not 900k + 90k + 125k = $1,115,000.

They have the 900k listed under "salary" and not "base salary" because he gets the 90k no matter what. They don't have a base salary column on that page, you have to subtract his signing bonus from the NHL salary to get it.

You can also use their QO calculator to reach the same numbers I did.

Because that worked so well with Luongo?

Back on topic; what is the threshold where if you are sent to the minors your deal still counts against the cap? Is it $800k, a million and when does it apply? I know he is exempt from being claimed on waivers if sent down, I just want to keep his cap off our books if in Utica.

I'd rather have them let him go by getting something for him...now that Raymond is gone, Schroeder is probably my most disliked Canuck because I donat care for his size, lack of production at the pro level and the feeling that its looking like he's gonna be another 1st round bust

Because that worked so well with Luongo?

Back on topic; what is the threshold where if you are sent to the minors your deal still counts against the cap? Is it $800k, a million and when does it apply? I know he is exempt from being claimed on waivers if sent down, I just want to keep his cap off our books if in Utica.

I'd rather have them let him go by getting something for him...now that Raymond is gone, Schroeder is probably my most disliked Canuck because I donat care for his size, lack of production at the pro level and the feeling that its looking like he's gonna be another 1st round bust

Right now I think Schroeder has the best set of skills to play wing with Kesler and Booth.

Kassian makes that a big, fast and very difficult line to play against, but Schroeder's speed and creativity could be more of what Kesler and Booth need in their mix.

Wouldn't mind seeing a youth '4th' line of Jensen Gaunce (if ready) and Kassian - our version of the Graves, Murphy, Gelinas line that was so effective for Edmonton in 90/91...

I imagine the negotiation is going something like this:

MG: Jordan, we believe you are going to be a great NHLer and will be a big part of our team.

Jordan: In that case I want a one way contract.

MG: You'll get one, eventually, its a process.

Jordan: Fine, I'll take a two way, but I at least want some good money if I am in the NHL.

MG: Well, we are willing to offer you [$3M - Tanev's Salary] per year.

Schoeder: That isn't a real number.

MG: We are working on it, its a process.

MG: Jordan, we believe you are going to be a great NHLer and will be a big part of our team.

Jordan: Fine, I'll take a two way, but I at least want some good money if I am in the NHL.

Last I heard Schoreder is coming off an injury. Don't know how much that set him back. Horvat should not be rushed in and get another year of junior and play for Team Canada.

That leaves Guance if his skating is up to par to play on the third line. He has the size and skills necessary for the 4th line position. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Canucks keep Guance and let Horvat go back to junior to die down some off the pressure on him for essentially being traded for Schneider.

Archived