The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)-Morrow?

Don't know how much he wants, I am guessing quite a bit and with our salary cap it wouldnt be realistic. But of the remaining UFAs, I think Morrow would fit the team the best on the 3rd line. He plays a style that Torts likes and he's also played for the assistant coach from when he was a Star.

I'm guessing he wants the 3.5-4 Million range though.

Re Morrow: only if he's available for dirt cheap (<=$1.5M), since we have no cap space (still have to sign Schroeder/ Tanev) and he's slowing down (foot-speed and career-wise); if we're going to dish out big money I'd rather take a risk with Grabovski, putting him on the 2nd line at center (he's really responsible at this stage of his career) and let him, Kes and Booth develop chemistry. That would be a sick 2nd line.

Re Mueller: No thanks, esp. for center; his career's been derailed by concussions and I wouldn't want to risk him playing an important role like 3rd line center, but I'd take him as a buy-low for 13th forward (I think he could emulate what Tambo did for us)

I was actually just considering this today. He could even be a top line player if Kas isn't ready and Burrows is playing well on the Kesler line or whatever. He's also had quite a bit of success in the playoffs at points. I think the Canucks should definitely look into him. We have some space to work with, he fits in a lot of places, and he seems like he would work well under Torts. I'd be happy to see that.

Listening to Gillis last night, it seems to me like he will focus on resigning Tanev, JS, and Weise, lock up the Sedins for the rest of their careers, and probably sit on some free cap space for a bit. I don't foresee him making any FA moves, but I do see either Gaunce or Horvat making the team and filling in that 3rd line C position.

This year, they want youth. Torts may very well be the best coach in the NHL to work with young guys. After being so close to the cap ceiling for the last how many years, I have a feeling GMMG doesn't want to handicap himself and wants to keep his options open for any possible moves come trade deadline when he knows a little more about how our team is situated.

Don't know how much he wants, I am guessing quite a bit and with our salary cap it wouldnt be realistic. But of the remaining UFAs, I think Morrow would fit the team the best on the 3rd line. He plays a style that Torts likes and he's also played for the assistant coach from when he was a Star.

I'm guessing he wants the 3.5-4 Million range though.

Archived