The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Circus that is the Vancouver Canucks.

Bite me Burr

well I hope there is, but a 9th? It shocked more than just myself on draft day. I think after all the circus leading up to that moment that in trading CS for a decent pick was bizarre to say the least, never mind that I think we didn't get enough from a team with a glut of D prospects.

I don't know where you've been but goalies don't exactly tend to get traded for great return.

Best case scenario is Gillis would have traded Schneider at the deadline instead and likely would have got an extra late second/early 3rd pick thrown in the deal.

Would that extra pick have been nice? Sure. Earth shattering difference? Hardly. Mountain...molehill.

You were out of line with your comment at the end. Plain and simple.

yes, of course, because in any context, Burrows biting somebody is wrong, especially when the man appears in the sig of a poster who claims respect for the Canucks is brimming full... I think there is a little more going on here or should I just say, "don't bite me, Burr".

I don't know where you've been but goalies don't exactly tend to get traded for great return.

Best case scenario is Gillis would have traded Schneider at the deadline instead and likely would have got an extra late second/early 3rd pick thrown in the deal.

Would that extra pick have been nice? Sure. Earth shattering difference? Hardly. Mountain...molehill.

I disagree. Hard to put a real value as most teams don't trade a young starter with massive potential. Still, the return was lacking. We didn't even get a roster player, with Lu rocking in the corner yet!

I disagree. Hard to put a real value as most teams don't trade a young starter with massive potential. Still, the return was lacking. We didn't even get a roster player, with Lu rocking in the corner yet!

I can't seem to find the article but one was posted here a couple weeks ago (anybody knows where it is feel free to post it) that reviewed historical trades of quality goaltenders. Examples from Roy to even Lu coming to Van and the return for all of them was quite underwhelming.

Fact is for whatever reason goaltenders have FAR more limited value via trade. You simply couldn't be more wrong.

I am. I find it amusing really. Don't bite me, Burr! See, I have learned from "it". "It" being the experience, of course.

I think maybe it was more the pom pom and mommy remarks that got you in trouble there ;)

I can't seem to find the article but one was posted here a couple weeks ago (anybody knows where it is feel free to post it) that reviewed historical trades of quality goaltenders. Examples from Roy to even Lu coming to Van and the return for all of them was quite underwhelming.

Fact is for whatever reason goaltenders have FAR more limited value via trade. You simply couldn't be more wrong.

Wrong? What did a young Lu fetch in trade, once upon a time? a 1rst rounder?

Wrong? What did a young Lu fetch in trade, once upon a time? a 1rst rounder?

A nearly washed up and scandal ridden Bertuzzi, backup Auld and perennial mediocre d-man Allen for Lu and Krajicek.

We basically sent a bunch of has beens and never was spare parts for arguably the best goalie at the time and another spare part.

As I said. Underwhelming. It was commonly understood that Vancouver "fleeced" FLA.

There are many other examples.

Yeah I posted something like that, but it was more like a few months ago /.... I'll see if I can track it down again all though I have no idea where I foung it.

cause the had no goalie? So hell bent on being right... also, those were some high end players at the time...

Yeah Montreal totally came out of that the winner.

In hindsight, the trade was one of the most one-sided deals in NHL history. In 2004, ESPN called Roy's trade to Colorado a steal, and one of the worst moves ever made during the first 25 years of ESPN's existence. Canadiens general manager Réjean Houle at the time had been GM for only 40 days as was Tremblay in his position as head coach, after Corey had fired both head coach Jacques Demers and GM Serge Savard five games into the season. The inexperienced Houle was criticized for making the trade instead of resolving the tension between Roy and Tremblay.[14]Since Le Trade, the Canadiens have won only six playoff series and missed the post-season several times. By contrast, Roy immediately enjoyed great success in Colorado and won two Stanley Cups (including the Cup at the conclusion of the season where he had been traded away from the Canadiens) and two Presidents' Trophies. Montreal Gazette columnist Jack Todd, in reference to other teams that have struggled since making odd personnel decisions, has written numerous times that the Canadiens are under "The Curse of St. Patrick."

Better than the Bure trade maybe! Besides, that was completely forced. Totally different situations and returns, neither have you looking like you seem to think.

I think my vision's a lot clearer than yours buds.

I see you've decided not to take your warning like an adult.

Archived