The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 3 trades ~ VAN-MTL, VAN-TOR, VAN-DAL + 1 UFA

- This fits under the cap

- This is a 24-man roster

- All other teams still fit under the salary cap, even with signing one or two cheap UFAs

- Toronto & Dallas aren't completely ready to compete for a cup. They are one season away from peaking I feel, so retaining a tiny bit of salary will open it up for them more next year to compete for UFA's with the cap going up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To MTL: Alexander Edler + 2014 2nd

To VAN: Brendan Gallagher, Alexei Emelin + MTL 2014 1st

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To TOR: Adam Polasek + VAN 2014 1st & 2015 2nd

To VAN: Cody Franson (RFA) & Nikolai Kulemin (20% salary retained)

Polasek + 2nd = Franson's RFA rights

1st = Kulemin (80% salary)

To DAL: David Booth, Peter Andersson + MTL 2014 1st

To VAN: Rich Peverley (20% retained salary) & Cameron Gaunce

Booth + 1st = Peverley (80% salary)

Andersson = Gaunce

Sign Mark Fistric to 3 years @ $2.75 million. $0.916 cap hit

ROSTER

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Gallagher

Kulemin Schroeder Peverley

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Sestito, Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Franson

Emelin Tanev

Fistric, Weber

Luongo & Läck

I dont' know if the first trade would actually go through. Gallagher just finished a good rookie season and looks to be part of the future for the Canadians. Unless if Montreal is really desperate for another defenceman, I can't see them doing it. Add to that you're requesting another prospect and a 1st???? Edler's valuable sure but he's not the Taj Mahal.

People really underestimate the value of Emelin on here:

He would look great in a Canucks jersey. But Montreal needs that physicality on the blue line. Take out the picks, Emelin + Gallagher straight up for Edler (if you want fair value)

People really underestimate the value of Emelin on here:

He would look great in a Canucks jersey. But Montreal needs that physicality on the blue line. Take out the picks, Emelin + Gallagher straight up for Edler (if you want fair value)

Why is Higgins in 4th line? He just had a good short 48 game season with the Canucks scoring key goals I see him as a 2nd or 3rd line winger due to the fact that he has great chemistry with Kesler and possibly good chemistry with Hansen

Archived