The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Schroeder’s shoulder ready for camp

shinkaruk98

You know before his shoulder injury he was looking good with Raymond and Hanson. Also your Asham comment shows a total lack of any ability to speak intelligently on behalf of what makes a "Torts guy". Stick to the mayo in the toaster old chum.

Schroeder will not challenge for a 3rd line role. All reports indicate he will be given every opportunity to indeed be that winger for Kesler with Santorelli/Richardson vying for that 3rd line pivot role. Which in my eyes is an awesome idea because as 3rd line C Schroeder will be physically tested hard game in and out on a still weak shoulder (don't care what doctors think it takes more than a few months to heal from a major surgery to the point where a 220 pound man hitting it at speed won't harm it) As a 2nd line winger he will face a tad less physical opposition and be able to play a more skilled game. Between Richardson/Gaunce/Santorelli and Lain we have the entire 3rd and 4th line C positions covered with Kassian, Hansen, Burrows, Higgins and Booth all able to jump between the 2nd and 4th lines to help. Can't wait to see him in Penticton

What did I tell you about zipping it? Also that's still an incorrect use of an ellipsis.

And no I probably wouldn't. I'd just assume you made a small mistake and not say anything about it because I don't really care.

I have never understood why people doubt him. He has only played 31 games and look pretty good. Got better as time went on imo, not to mention him being on the 4th line (with 2 guys who should be in the minors tbh) doesn't help. Had he played a full 82 games, he would have been on track for a 23pts season. You can say that is bad or whatever but guess what I remember this one guy who had the same stats in his first full season with this team and now that guy is a fan favourite as a 2nd line C!

Give the guy a chance. I would rather him as 3C than Richardson. He has great upside.

Personally I like Schroeder and think he will be good next season. I watched him play and liked what I seen last year. He is fast and is smart with the puck. If he did play with Higgins and Hansen I expect him to make great passes to get those two chances on the breakaway. Which both of them seem to get often. Should be good at 3C. I would also like to see him get some time on the wing with Kesler and maybe Burrows. Torts will make it interesting.

I have never understood why people doubt him. He has only played 31 games and look pretty good. Got better as time went on imo, not to mention him being on the 4th line (with 2 guys who should be in the minors tbh) doesn't help. Had he played a full 82 games, he would have been on track for a 23pts season. You can say that is bad or whatever but guess what I remember this one guy who had the same stats in his first full season with this team and now that guy is a fan favourite as a 2nd line C!

Give the guy a chance. I would rather him as 3C than Richardson. He has great upside.

I hope you are right. I'm unsure about Schroeder, his smarts, talent, and speed might be enough to overcome his stature. I would not be surprised to see him at least challenge for either 3rd line center between the defensively reliable Higgins and Hansen or 2nd line winger becoming the playmaking passer that could fit well with Kesler and Booth/Kassian.

Size is essential in the NHL no player has ever made it without being 6 foot and 200 pounds or heavier. Why just ask former washouts such as Theo Fluery, Luc Robataille, Drek Roy, Patrick Kane, Brian Gionta, Sergei Samasonov, St Louis, Steve Sullivan, Marc Savard, Cammalleri, Koivu, Versteeg, Whitney, Briere, Timmonen, Recchi Rafalski....all players who never made it in the NHL as the largest of them was only 197 pounds. Yes, size matters.... Ok do you see my point? Just because Shredder is not super tall and super thick doesn't mean he won't translate into a decent player. Think of the names I just mentioned. More than a few of those players were drafted and given up on because of their size and they did what again? Had amazingly productive careers won awards, cups etc. Give Schroeder a chance to shine, he is more than a bloody trade piece. Or will you tell me how Calgary was wise to give up St Louis and Savard now?

4 months post -op labral repair is pretty optimistic IMO. I could see a November return, but this is exactly the same surgery as Kesler and Burrows had previously. I had same injury 4 years ago, and wasn't cleared for 6 months. Some soft tissue/joint injuries can take up to a year for complete healing. I realize the rehab for elite athletes differed from my rehab, but I still think Jordan will be back after the season starts

Size is essential in the NHL no player has ever made it without being 6 foot and 200 pounds or heavier. Why just ask former washouts such as Theo Fluery, Luc Robataille, Drek Roy, Patrick Kane, Brian Gionta, Sergei Samasonov, St Louis, Steve Sullivan, Marc Savard, Cammalleri, Koivu, Versteeg, Whitney, Briere, Timmonen, Recchi Rafalski....all players who never made it in the NHL as the largest of them was only 197 pounds. Yes, size matters.... Ok do you see my point? Just because Shredder is not super tall and super thick doesn't mean he won't translate into a decent player. Think of the names I just mentioned. More than a few of those players were drafted and given up on because of their size and they did what again? Had amazingly productive careers won awards, cups etc. Give Schroeder a chance to shine, he is more than a bloody trade piece. Or will you tell me how Calgary was wise to give up St Louis and Savard now?

Archived