The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things [List]

Monty

- There is no way to say this without sounding like a total a-hole, but I like music and movies and other forms of escapism when they are put in a cultural context, or analyzed and discussed. I do believe this can be done without sounding condescending or pretentious, so if you find good people or good sources for GOOD conversation about this stuff, then it's great. If I see a movie, I love going home and reading reviews and commentary about it. And while most of the music I listen to is probably considered 'classic rock' stuff, I love reading about new music and finding new bands to enjoy, even if my tastes are pretty much solidified by now. Books used to be included in this, but University sorta killed that for me.

- I'm new to the COFFEE GAME, but since Christmas I've been drinking the stuff religiously. I love buying a new brand or blend of coffee and trying it out, it genuinely makes me excited and happy, haha

- Running - While I've been slacking recently, going for a run in the evening is a really good way to clear the mind, feel good, and challenge yourself.

- Mafia stuff. I have an odd obsession with organized crime and mafia related movies, stories, TV shows, etc. If anyone has any non-obvious suggestions, I'd love to hear them

- My family (incl. cat)

- Online gaming is perhaps my most embarrassing admission that I don't talk about in "the real world" at all. I played the Quake games (and a few others) at a very, very high level since I was very young. Growing up, I would play street hockey or casual sports with friends, and while I was decent, it never satisfied my competitive edge. So I started playing some games and slowly but surely became (literally) one of the best. I have probably only told two or three people outside of my family about all the competitions I've played in and won over the years, haha. Anyway, now that I'm older I don't have the time to play at that level, but I still play games with an eagerness to win. I am really interested to see where competitive video game playing is going. There is so much money and such high viewership for big matches and tournaments, I kind of think the future is really bright for gamer types.

What I would love to learn: Fencing. No fencing club around where I live, but I have always wanted to learn how to fence. Seems like a great workout, while still looking sophisticated.

Alright guys, lets hear what you love to do. Remember, let's get some dialogue going. The goal is to try and encourage people to branch out and try something new. The only way to do that is to explain why you love your hobby and why someone should try it out.

Quite a long list.

Country Music

All kinds really. Old, new doesn't matter. One of my favorite things in the world.

Swimming in Lakes

Swimming in oceans/pools isn't nearly as enjoyable/refreshing.

Fantasy Hockey

So fun.

Mafia (Forum Game)

Damn T-rex930 got me hooked.

Biking

Went on a 250 KM bike trip this summer. It was awesome.

Masterchef

Awesome show.

Coke/Pepsi

I know it's awful for you, but I love it.

Baconators

So freaking greasy, but every once in a while it's awesome.

Tubing (Water)

My buddy has a boat so we go tubing all the time. So much fun.

Probably could add more if I thought about it,

-I DID go to culinary school and never regretted it, I lived as a broke cook for a while but I have had some really good paying jobs and I am finally getting to work abroad and travel with my profession.

-Snowboarding is key, last season was the best as I managed to get up the mountain at least once a week, or twice.

-I am surprised how many mentioned cats already, but I too will mention it lol. I I will be quite sad when I leave and don't see that little bastard knocking stuff over in the middle of the night.

-Music, always calming, especially after work.

-biking really can't get enough of it, I love to bike anywhere.

-rainy days

-hiking, still so much to climb but never enough time to do it all...hmm

I like Masterchef as well.. just started watching this season as my GF was into it and I actually like this one.... as for my list?

What do I like?

-A good story.

-Getting to know people.

-Competition (true competition - where everyone is trying to win.)

-Football (NFL/CFL), Canucks, World Cup, Euro Cup

-Learning something new. Maybe not always at first - but later for sure.

-My job (working with kids)

-Coaching

-Good food.

-bullting with friends, good comedy.

-Good RPG video games (goes with a good story).

-Relaxing at home when I have nothing to do.

-Rain.

-Cats.

Eating - Chinese food when hung over, Oreo Cheese quake Blizzards anytime. Raw potatoes.

Julianne Moore ( hottest woman on the planet)

Playing - Hockey on an outdoor rink, Mega man 2 on a real NES.

The smell of gasoline, cedar, wet aluminium, my nose when I squeeze my nostrils together.

I like drinking Beer during the day.

Shower when bumhole is itchy with Irish spring soap.

Flip flops

Anything involving my dog. Playing fetch, catch, tug-o-war, going on long walks, or taking him to the dog park and watching run wild with other dogs...I enjoy any of them.

Being around rinks and coaching.

Attractive women who are easily amused.

Witnessing stupid people doing stupid things...gets me everytime.

History, Science, Military, and National Geographic channels. Add the Smithsonian channel as well.

Chicago Blackhawks.

Overtime game-winners.

Non-fiction books on world history.

Travelling anywhere.

And often I enjoy just having a good conversation with anyone who has interesting and intelligent thoughts.

Archived