The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruins Promote Gretzky To Director of Amateur Scouting (Brutal Troll Job

Warhippy

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=430148

The Boston Bruins announced Tuesday that the club has promoted Keith Gretzky to Director of Amateur Scouting, hired P.J. Axelsson as a European Amateur Scout and hired Keith Sullivan as an Amateur Scout.

Gretzky joined the Bruins organization in 2011 as an Amateur Scout based out of Ontario and will oversee the amateur scouting staff. He previously served as an Amateur Scout with the Phoenix Coyotes from 2001 to 2005 before being promoted to the Director of Amateur Scouting in 2006.

In his hockey career, Gretzky spent five seasons in the OHL (Ontario Hockey League) and was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the third round (56th overall) of the 1985 NHL Entry Draft. The former centerman played in various North American and European minor leagues from 1982-1993 before embarking on a head coaching career in the West Coast Hockey League and United Hockey League from 1995-2000.

Axelsson joins the Bruins as an amateur scout after spending 11 seasons in Boston. The former Bruins forward skated in 797 career NHL games, notching 103 goals and 184 assists for 287 points, while racking up 276 penalty minutes. The winger was selected by the Boston Bruins in the seventh round (177th overall) of the 1995 NHL Entry Draft.

Sullivan joins the Bruins as an amateur Scout after spending four seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes (2007-2011) and one year with the Winnipeg Jets (2011-12). In 2012-13, Sullivan served as the General Manager for the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the United States Hockey League.

-----------------------------------------------

Seriously...is this not the best or worst troll job ever?

God I hate the Bruins

It's a heads up before reading it Elvis, nothing more. people deserve that. I saw it on TSN titled exactly in this manner, so I posted it because it's worth a lol as such a misleading title can be nothing more than a troll job during a slow time in the off season.

Sure made me click the story and read it and we can all use the laugh while waiting for at least young stars in Penticton

Sure, but that doesn't mean you have to post the same misleading title and couldn't put Keith in there. You can always post the original title in the post itself to draw attention to how TSN labelled it, but that doesn't mean you have to pass the favour onto us.

Honestly, it's hardly a story worth commenting on (from my perspective at least) otherwise.

Sure, but that doesn't mean you have to post the same misleading title and couldn't put Keith in their. You can always post the original title in the post itself to draw attention to how TSN labelled it, but that doesn't mean you have to pass the favour onto us.

Honestly, it's hardly a story worth commenting on (from my perspective at least) otherwise.

So you're saying it's not really a thread about hockey, but rather a thread about how TSN is trolling? And I didn't comment on the story at all, but rather your choice of title in the thread so perhaps I was more on topic than I knew.

No it's a hockey thread, a scouting shakeup is always news worthy whether it's worth commenting on or not is another story.

But the way TSN worded the entire story might be more comment worthy than the story itself. Surely more creative than an Eklund rumour and at least grounded in truth

Sure, but that doesn't mean you have to post the same misleading title and couldn't put Keith in there. You can always post the original title in the post itself to draw attention to how TSN labelled it, but that doesn't mean you have to pass the favour onto us.

Kinda, imagine the people coming here think Wayne Gretzky signed on with Boston. Kinda like a Joel Lundqvist deal with only Lundqvist in the title - or better yet Joacim Eriksson with only Eriksson, or Cain Franson with only Franson.

I know the Trade, Rumours, Signings forum has a specific board rule setup for misrepresenting the title to specifically get more views and troll posters, so while I get that it was misrepresented from TSN, that doesn't mean he needs to continue that misrepresentation to us. He could post the article, clearly represented in the title, and then explain the TSN "troll job" in the post.

Kinda, imagine the people coming here think Wayne Gretzky signed on with Boston. Kinda like a Joel Lundqvist deal with only Lundqvist in the title - or better yet Joacim Eriksson with only Eriksson, or Cain Franson with only Franson.

I know the Trade, Rumours, Signings forum has a specific board rule setup for misrepresenting the title to specifically get more views and troll posters, so while I get that it was misrepresented from TSN, that doesn't mean he needs to continue that misrepresentation to us. He could post the article, clearly represented in the title, and then explain the TSN "troll job" in the post.

Get real,,and you know what Im saying,,,

I dont kiss Gretzys ring wayne or Kieth.

I was a radio DJ in Edmonton from 1980 to 1986...I was there and know alot about Gretzky and his bro.

Wayne was the toast of the town and I was there when they won all their Cups,, I know many personally,,some are cool,,some no,,,Glen Anderson was the nicest guy,,, we shared a few pops many times,,,,I got to go to closed practices and many other events,,Kieth wasnt even on the map,,he was drafted because of his name,, maybe you are right in 1 respect,, he may make a great managerial guy,,,he sure as hell wasnt a player.

I remember Grant Fuhr came into the pub one night with the Stanley Cup and I was there from a Edmonton Trapper baseball game and had a game ball,, I gave it to Fuhr,,he was such a baseball freak.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=430148

The Boston Bruins announced Tuesday that the club has promoted Keith Gretzky to Director of Amateur Scouting, hired P.J. Axelsson as a European Amateur Scout and hired Keith Sullivan as an Amateur Scout.

Gretzky joined the Bruins organization in 2011 as an Amateur Scout based out of Ontario and will oversee the amateur scouting staff. He previously served as an Amateur Scout with the Phoenix Coyotes from 2001 to 2005 before being promoted to the Director of Amateur Scouting in 2006.

In his hockey career, Gretzky spent five seasons in the OHL (Ontario Hockey League) and was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the third round (56th overall) of the 1985 NHL Entry Draft. The former centerman played in various North American and European minor leagues from 1982-1993 before embarking on a head coaching career in the West Coast Hockey League and United Hockey League from 1995-2000.

Axelsson joins the Bruins as an amateur scout after spending 11 seasons in Boston. The former Bruins forward skated in 797 career NHL games, notching 103 goals and 184 assists for 287 points, while racking up 276 penalty minutes. The winger was selected by the Boston Bruins in the seventh round (177th overall) of the 1995 NHL Entry Draft.

Sullivan joins the Bruins as an amateur Scout after spending four seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes (2007-2011) and one year with the Winnipeg Jets (2011-12). In 2012-13, Sullivan served as the General Manager for the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the United States Hockey League.

-----------------------------------------------

Seriously...is this not the best or worst troll job ever?

God I hate the Bruins

Archived