The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - EDM. Simple trade

Edm: Edler, 1st, Schroeder

Van: Yakupov

Yakupov = high chance hes a superstar and MODELS HIS GAME AFTER BURE. His favourite team is the canucks and we need dynamic offense which EDM has enough of. They are weak on D and edler fixes that with the first rounder as another potential player. They also get shroeder who can fill Yakupov's roster spot if needed and still is a decent prospect. I think its fair.

take shredder out of the deal and I'd do it. Shredder needs a chance to make it here first. This season is the perfect opportunity for him Bo Ho and gaunce aren't ready. His cap it is so friendly hes a lock for 3 c so lets see what he can do with a full season. IMO he's the the 3rd best set up man on the team after the Sedins. If he can be paired with some finishers I believe he will do very well. Most importantly hes not a defensive liability. I don't want to let him go just yet. I feel he could develop into a really great player for us.

Firstly, I'm a big Yakupov fan, and would love to get him.

That said, we have quite a few promising young forwards in our system, including Kassian, Schroeder, Guance, Jensen, Horvat... We even have a few future options in net, and a couple of good young RD's. But we don't have a single LD prospect that looks like a sure bet to be NHL quality, let alone one that we can bank on to be a solid top-4. So although LD is the deepest position on the team, we need the three we have for the next few years.

Also, the Oilers are as stacked with young D as they are forwards. In fact, here is the latest front-page headline at hockeysfuture.com:

Behind Yakupov, defensemen are the strength of Edmonton Oilers Top 20

Archived