The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marshall Mathers LP 2 - Eminem [Out Nov. 5/13]

Kooner91

Delivery isn't nearly up to his usual standard. Way too much tweaking on his voice for my liking as well.

(on the single)

Yeah I agree, his first singles aren't usually the greatest so I still think the rest of his album will be pretty good. Atleast it's a bit more like his older stuff then Recovery.

I thought the verses were perfect since the whole song is pretty much aimed at dissing the new school and taking hip hop back. I felt like in parts of the verses (especially the second) he was imitating what a lot low level mainstream rappers (Chief Keef etc) tend to do in the verses hence the whole "bang bang" line.

Or that at least how I perceived the song. Should be an interesting project either way, excited for the sequel of my favourite Eminem album!

The 1st albums are often the best. No fancy beats or features, they have to concentrate on the lyrics for anyone to take notice.

Illmatic

Infinite

Reasonable doubt

list goes on.

Um not really, the only time that is really true is if it's an underground album or a debut mixtape. Listening to those album may make you feel like the beats aren't "fancy"but that's probably because they came out in the 90's!

Production is a huge part of hip hop, so artist will definitely try to get the best they can especially with a debut album since the label will be putting pressure on them to prove they are worth the money.

Features on the other hand depend on the artist. Some like to keep themselves the focal point of the album, while some like Kanye (MBDTF) will bring in a slew of artists to perform on the record.

I thought the verses were perfect since the whole song is pretty much aimed at dissing the new school and taking hip hop back. I felt like in parts of the verses (especially the second) he was imitating what a lot low level mainstream rappers (Chief Keef etc) tend to do in the verses hence the whole "bang bang" line.

Or that at least how I perceived the song. Should be an interesting project either way, excited for the sequel of my favourite Eminem album!

Thats brilliant if thats the case.

I just know its been on repeat at my house for the last 2 hours.

personally, i prefer the 'classic' east coast 90s sound. rza (or rza inspired) production, madlib, doom, etc. FAR, FAR, FAR more than this ultra glossy hybrid music like rick rubin seems obsessed with

so because of that, i'm not big on the new eminem song. although i did like the line about the fresh coat/paint.

Wow, I really must be out of touch with music. I didn't even know he was still around. Since I only listen to talk radio and don't have MTV, I haven't heard from Eminem since 2004. How have his albums been since then?

Nothing will ever beat his first album he made in 1996.

Infinite.

I personally liked Slim Shady LP better than Infinite. I know it's when he blew up, but this album still has a raw feeling to it. Dre's production is so different compared to all his other stuff as well.

Wow, I really must be out of touch with music. I didn't even know he was still around. Since I only listen to talk radio and don't have MTV, I haven't heard from Eminem since 2004. How have his albums been since then?

Relapse is a good album if you take for what it is, which is an album from a recovering addict flushing slim shady out. Recovery was really good mainstream album. He showed he can keep up with new style of hip hop but both album left tons to be desired. Don't come close to his first three albums, but I think their worth a listen.

Fans seem to either hate relapse or love it, there are a few artist like Tyler the Creator (rest of Odd Future too) that claim Relapse is their favourite Eminem album.

Relapse does have tons of good beats since it is produced by Dr. Dre. Recovery was really different production wise as I think Dre only produced one song on the album so that was a huge switch.

Archived