To NYR: Jordan Schroeder

To Vancouver: Derek Stephan's Rights

Sign: Damien Brunner: 1 year $1.25 million per year

Derek Stephan: 2 years $1.25 million per year

Jose Theodore: 1 year $800K per year

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Damien Brunner ($1.250m)

Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Derek Stepan ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.575m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Dale Weise ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Andrew Alberts ($0.600m) / Yannick Weber ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Jose Theodore ($0.800m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,978,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,321,667

This way Derek Stephan can come back to Torts' system and be a dominant player for us. Then we would have a solid backup with NHL experience to backup Luo and Brunner to bring in a force of a scoring threat with the Sedins feeding him the puck. Edler and Ehrhoff would be reunited and be a defensive force and be a great PP unit. We can get Volpatti back. We can roll all 4 lines and we have 3 legitimate forward scoring lines and a tough 4th line, and we can do well under Torts' new system.

Get it done Gillis!!!!!

What do you guys and gals think of this proposal? comment below with your opinion

Why won't we give Eddie Lack a chance? He is clearly better than Theodore. Also I believe Lack deserves a chance to show he can stay in the NHL. He will do very good like Vezina type season good. He has so much potential, I don't know how to describe it. Anyways the deals you created are all underpayments. Theodore is just not that good anymore and it showed last season when he was with with Panthers. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!! :)

Not Stepan's choice. He's an RFA, which means that if he doesn't want to sign with NYR, he either sits out the season or is traded. And if NYR chooses to move him, the return will be a hell of a lot better that Schroeder.

Washington passed on Sestito when they we're lower than us in the standing and picked up Volpatti. Why would they do that trade. Plus people gotta learn to move on, Volpatti,s gone, get over it, he aint coming back. Anyway he was just another plug who could fight against the average fighters. Couldn't take on the heavyweights.

Buffalo deal in an underpayment, but I could see them getting rid of Ehrhoff for cheap because of his contract. But still for something better than booth and a 5th.

Erhoff is worthless because of the contract. Its a cap circumvention contract and it has 8 years left. Erhoff as a good defensemen has about 2 or 3 years left on him and after that he is buyout material.

I dont trade Booth for him. You will notice more and more Sabres fans trying to pawn him off in trade scenarios.

The other trades are lopsided in our favour. The Rangers dont do that deal and neither do the Caps.

Canucks let Volpatti go because he was kinda stuck in Dale Weise territory of 1/2 goon 1/2 useful player and we needed an outright goon so Kassian wont have to fight.

I think you've been dropped on your head a few too many times... Or now that I've written a long reply realize with how ridiculous your proposal is you're probably trolling.

Ehrhoff - Wouldn't even consider taking the 8 seasons left on his contract.

Volpatti - I agree he's an upgrade on sestito, but as he's an upgrade you'd have to trade more than sestito for him. Or just hope he gets bumped out of the lineup in Washington and we can get him on waivers.

Stepan - Wouldn't get for schroeder, and he's going to get a 4M dollar contract.

Brunner - Will get 2.5-3.5 somewhere.

Theodore - Not a bad idea, I'd like to see lack and ericsson battle in camp and if they struggle then look into a veteran backup.

Wow - If you could pull these trades and signings off I would personally nominate you for GM for life of the Canucks!

Erhoff is worthless because of the contract. Its a cap circumvention contract and it has 8 years left. Erhoff as a good defensemen has about 2 or 3 years left on him and after that he is buyout material.

Archived