The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth Aiming to Make Team USA 2014 Sochi Roster

TheRussianRocket.

lol we went from having a half dozen Kassian threads to having 3 booth threads replace some of them. CDC is funny sometimes :P

We're stuck with Booth for the rest of the year. I don't see him moving at the deadline. If he plays solid for the rest of the year, with no more injuries, he might be back next year.

But yea, no to the Olympics...

Bootha to the Olympics. LM**O... If he makes team USA my name is Wayne Gretzky.

He can barely compete In Utica, mark my words. He's done as a hockey player. He will stay in Utica so atleast the team has the cap space now. Aquilini will eat that pay cheque for now but it will be better for the team in the end.

Archibald, Welsh, Sestito, etc. bring more to the team then he has ever done.

Booth will need to make a huge come back within the next few weeks and own it in December but I dont think he can and I dont want to push him that hard anyways.

Player coming back from those kind of injuries should be worried about the team game and what the goal is to the TEAM who pays him rather then national pride. His career over pride any day. He should take his time, work his way up from Utica and start at step one which is staying focused on the season goal and be consistent in chipping in for the team in the game night in and out even its checking hard all game, staying in the offensive zone, killing the PK then the points will come.

Go back to having fun and doing the simple things.

I don't take stats into consideration when I judge a player. Booth has always looked out of place slotted in beside Kesler. Those points game came because he was given the ice time of a second liner and ample opportunity to succeed beside an elite second liner. I'd also like to point out that a lot of his points came off the rush and on solo dashes. He is completely incapable of maintaining play in the offensive zone because he has no hockey IQ whatsoever. Poor fit for this team.

This is it exactly. Booth has never found a comfort zone playing here and has always looked lost out there despite that 1 year he had decent production.

You've gotta really THINK positive..c'mon Booth was a speedster, & one that could pot 35, back in his heyday.

So just imagine if he finally finds his health, & gets on a roll. The goals start going in, & he's makin up for lost time. Then look at Selanne:still a speedy bloke at 43. So Booth could conceivably keep those jets for about FIFTEEN more seasons.

Once he gets his touch/confidence back(to match his health), he'll again be sniping 35. 15x35 is OVER 500 snipes.

He's a first-ballot, HHOFer, if he can get things goin the old way, & simply keep it goin.

LOL if he makes it, which I highly doubt, it will only help team Canada's chances at winning, so hopefully he makes it!

I wouldn't be surprised if he did but that would only happen if these three things happened.

1. He gets his swagger back and starts scoring goals in Utica

2. He gets called back up here and plays well here.

3. He develops chemistry with kesler and they become a formidable duo.(assuming kesler gets moved back to second line)

If these things happen I wouldn't want him with kes on the U.S team but they probably wont :(

Archived