The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth Aiming to Make Team USA 2014 Sochi Roster

TheRussianRocket.

How does Booth play risk injury?

He constantly puts himself in vulnerable positions by playing a power forward type game. I hope our fans aren't discrediting his efforts and passion out there to play a genuinely hard game. He's no floater out there, and despite his bad puck luck last season, before getting injured, he was one of the more effective forwards out there.

He constantly puts himself in vulnerable positions by playing a power forward type game. I hope our fans aren't discrediting his efforts and passion out there to play a genuinely hard game. He's no floater out there, and despite his bad puck luck last season, before getting injured, he was one of the more effective forwards out there.

Where does he do that? Lucic plays a power forward game so does Clowe, Stewart and you don't see them getting injured as much as Booth.

Not sure why people here seem to want him to fail.

Anyway, Team USA isn't exactly overloaded with talent up front. If Booth has a great start and if one of those other guys is hurt, he's in.

Godspeed, Mr. David Booth. Godspeed.

He is nowhere near injury replacement level, and the U.S. has plenty of talent up front, even with d and goaltending being our strength

It's a great mindset for Booth to have, but if he gets and stays healthy he'd have a better chance at making the Olympics if he were, say, Finnish or Czech. No wonder why we're considered the most hated fanbase, the proof is in this thread.

Don't know why people are laughing at the idea.

If Langenbrunner, Malone, and Drury can make team USA, I don't see why Booth couldn't if he stays healthy. He was invited to camp in 2010, and was the 2nd alternate for the team.

The only reason his stock has fallen is because of injury and a lack of chemistry with Kesler. If he starts the season on fire, anything is possible. USA doesn't exactly have a ton of depth on wing.

Majority of this forum sure doesn't act like they do.

If only there's a way to read posts from like 7-8 years back.... lots of posters were hating Bourdon. Then tragically he passed away and a lot of those same posters are suddenly praising him and such.

No wonder a sizable portion of CDC and "fans" are the laughing stocks of the NHL.

If only there's a way to read posts from like 7-8 years back.... lots of posters were hating Bourdon. Then tragically he passed away and a lot of those same posters are suddenly praising him and such.

No wonder a sizable portion of CDC and "fans" are the laughing stocks of the NHL.

They wouldn't continue talking bad about Bourdon after he passed away, obvious.

Booth should focus on being on the Canucks for a full year rather than worryin about Sochi.

I like that its motivating him, and I actually like the guy, I think if healthy he can add some value to our club. Perhaps he's a bit overpaid given his health but that's not something he can 'control', which is why i find the flaming of him funny.

People get on the guy bc he hasn't performed very well but how do you get your consistency, game shape, mental game back when you're in and out of the lineup, its extremely hard, and anyone who's been an athlete can tell you as such.

I think he can at least be a 20 goal guy on our third line and add some good size to offset Schroeder and that is a big help if he can play there and contribute that much. Ie if we have 2 20 goal men on the third, him and Hansen, that's pretty damn good.

I hope he stays healthy and can contribute. He is a big guy, that is fast ,drives hard to the net and works the boards hard. James Neal light so to speak.

Lets hope he can do it!

Oh man..Booth..please just show up for your club team...please.

I didnt want this guy back and still dont..I wish he was healthy and we could have bought him out...not sold on this guy.

and dont give me the power forward,,tough as nails,,banger and crasher crap....havent seen any of it yet.

Oh man..Booth..please just show up for your club team...please.

I didnt want this guy back and still dont..I wish he was healthy and we could have bought him out...not sold on this guy.

and dont give me the power forward,,tough as nails,,banger and crasher crap....havent seen any of it yet.

He's been hurt dude.

He's big, can skate, plays the boards hard, and goes to the net, and has hands. Sure he's overpaid by 1 ml bucks but that's still a valuable asset to have in this league if he can stay healthy.

This was my point, people bashing on him because of something out of his control.

Give him a healthy season and lets see what he can do. Hopefully this year is the one he does stay healthy.

You're telling me if he can pot 20 from the third line, add size to the wing (helping offset Schroeder's lack of size), play a net presence role on the second pp unit, and be tough to fight through because of his strength and size he's not a valuable asset, especially in the playoffs?

He's definitely more valuable the Kassian (RIGHT NOW and if healthy) and people including myself want to see Kass with the twins or Kesler....so?

Archived